• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Tips Help With Reading Analytics

LibertyLinks

Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
nbgrooms.com
Subscriber Goal
So my latest project has gotten at least 42 views so far and it's only been up for a few hours. To my that's good because most see five or maybe six by this time. Its a two minute video. This is what my watch hours look like Could someone please show me why this is doing? I need to know if its really doing good or people are just clicking and leaving.

1670551263924.png
1670551263924.png

MediaMan

Very Well-Known Member
You didn't give us much info to look at. But obviously it's performing better than your other videos. I'm still green to YT overall but I like to look at views combined with Engagement > Average percentage viewed. If my views are decent and my APV is 70% or more I'm happy.

I need to know if its really doing good or people are just clicking and leaving.

Click on Engagement and then look at Average percentage viewed. You really want that as high as possible. If it's a very low number, then yah...they're clicking and leaving.

lonelytalks

Recognized Member
Yours is doing better than many new channels out there but you need to get in depth report after a day or two and check the average view time which gives you a idea how long people are watching your video on average.

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
What is the average view duration of this video? I will say that the top-10% of 2 minute videos on YouTube average about 90% retention. The closer you start getting to that number the more virality you will see with your video.