• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Question Question about posting frequency .....

sjs94704

Familiar Member
We all know that YouTube likes creators who post on a regular basis.
So, with all this push for shorts these days, if I post a short every day and
say a long form every two weeks, Does YouTube still count that as posting
frequency as the way it likes to see, or, when we are talking posting frequency
are we only talking about long form videos?

Andriy

Subscriber Goal
Quality is much more important than frequency :) A lot of channel which are posting tons of videos have no views. And there a lot which posting only once per month and have millions. So better focus on quality if you can do good quality shorts everyday, than post of course :)

Reactions: Yep Briz
OP
OP
sjs94704

sjs94704

Familiar Member
Quality is much more important than frequency :) A lot of channel which are posting tons of videos have no views. And there a lot which posting only once per month and have millions. So better focus on quality if you can do good quality shorts everyday, than post of course :)
Yes, I suppose you're right! I have a couple of video ideas on subjects that are very important to me. One thing that Nate from Channel Makers said ask yourself, "How can I make MY video better and more memorable than the others?". So, at this point I am taking the time to watch the other videos I can find to see what they did so I can see where I need to be to accomplish that goal. Not to mention that in my OWN research aside from these other videos I am finding out a lot more about the subjects than even I knew when I started my research so I am learning more myself! It does seem so far that most of the videos are simply a duplication of each other's information, so my first goal will be to bring in NEW information that they do not have! Other than that it is all in presentation....

Reactions: Andriy
OP
OP
sjs94704

sjs94704

Familiar Member
By the way, these long-form videos are more educational / informative type.
I believe each style of video has a 'formula' to help keep people interested.

So, I am in recovery. I am now 6 years clean from a drug addiction.
But, what my video is going to be about is Cell Phone Addiction.
This affects LOTS of people, especially our teens!

There is a potential for it to be a dry boring subject for some people, so I
know I want to keep it informative but I'm wondering if just like there is a
formula for other types of videos to keep people watching, I'm wondering
if there is one for this type of video that anyone could suggest I try to keep
it interesting and people watching longer?

Andriy

Subscriber Goal
I'm wondering
if there is one for this type of video that anyone could suggest I try to keep
it interesting and people watching longer
In my opinion the most important here is not the type of video but the quality of video and how you are presenting it. If you are doing it well people can watch almost every video, check @Beluga1 xD
Cell Phone Addiction can be an interesting topic, especially addiction to social media as facebook and instagram as this is stealing a huge amount of time, youtube is at least educational :)

Damon

Trusted User
Trusted User
www.blackwarriorlures.com
Subscriber Goal
Well, the most important thing is the value of the content itself. It's value, quantity and quality all in the proper propositions for where you are. A high-quality video of little value will receive few views. A low-quality video of high value will recieve lots of views.

So the balance looks like this:
  • High enough quality to keep people watching. High quality is about retention.
  • High enough value so that people will want to watch in the first place.
  • High enough frequency to keep people coming back regularly.
The balance of these will change depending on where you are in your YouTube journey and your goals.

Last edited:

Anthony Miyazaki

TubeBuddy Pro
YouTube.com
Subscriber Goal
Everyone says that you need to post "regularly" but posting solid content works just as well. In fact, regular content that isn't desired by others won't do anything positive. I like Damon's balance between quality/value (I see these as similar) versus frequency.

Reactions: Andriy
OP
OP
sjs94704

sjs94704

Familiar Member
Everyone says that you need to post "regularly" but posting solid content works just as well. In fact, regular content that isn't desired by others won't do anything positive. I like Damon's balance between quality/value (I see these as similar) versus frequency.
Yeah! I'm not gonna let myself fall into the trap of ending up posting crappy video all in the name of posting more often that's for sure! I also like to sing and a while back I got Pinnacle Studio video editing software because I was going to make videos of me singing, so I did not go buy that just for this, I already had it! If you're ever looking for a great video editing software it is easy to learn and very poerful! AND.. does not cost very much as those kinds of software goes!

I am also excited that for a while now YouTube has not had enough information to populate much of the statistical data that we all rely on and it has been just in the last week or so that I have started to see a lot of those charts and numbers start to become available and I am amazed mostly at where my audience is from! Now that I see where they are from, since I am retired and have the time to do it, I am taking the time to do the translations of the titles, descriptions and all of my closed captions of my current videos! I am going to make a habbit of doing that as I release my new content in order to help my video performance as everyone says it can! After all, YouTube put that feature there and I have the time so why not use it! It is very tedious and I have to take frequent breaks but in the end it is well worth it!

Last edited:

BraveStar

Life ain't no Nintendo Game
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Well, the most important thing is the value of the content itself. It's value, quantity and quality all in the proper propositions for where you are. A high-quality video of little value will receive few views. A low-quality video of high value will recieve lots of views.

So the balance looks like this:
  • High enough quality to keep people watching. High quality is about retention.
  • High enough value so that people will want to watch in the first place.
  • High enough frequency to keep people coming back regularly.
The balance of these will change depending on where you are in your YouTube journey and your goals.

This right here. It says it all.

Reactions: sjs94704 and Damon