• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Help YT Tip to add pinned comment on scheduled post

Tito Tim

DecoratedPoster
TubeBuddy Star
titotim.com
I have seen the request for the ability to schedule a pinned comment for a scheduled post. The answer is always the same - with the api rules of YouTube... it is not possible. That sounds like a reasonable, if unfortunate, answer.
But I have my own way of scheduling a pinned post and it works. A lot of people have asked about it, and it does not seem to be a feature we will get. So this workaround does work, and it is really not that bad.

When I upload a video it defaults to Unlisted. When I am finished uploading and adding everything, right before scheduling the post, I publish it as Unlisted. Then I go to the video, add my comment, and pin the comment. Then I go back to the editing page, schedule the post, and the comment vanishes. Scheduled posts are considered Private, and Private posts cannot have comments. But... when the schedule kicks in and makes the video Public - the comment is back and still pinned.

The only oddity I see is that the date of the post will show when you posted it, not when the video publishes. So, if you schedule a week in advance - the comment will be 1 week old when the video is brand new. This does not bother me, but does confuse my subscribers.

It is a little clunky but it works.

Anthony Miyazaki

TubeBuddy Pro
YouTube.com
Subscriber Goal
Brilliant idea Tim. (Or should I be saying, Tito Tim?)
Also, it looks like you have a great channel. I've been pondering a trip to the Philippines sometime soon, and I'm thinking I'll learn a lot from your videos.

Reactions: Prince Prodigal

Prince Prodigal

TubeBuddy Star
dot.cards
Subscriber Goal
I have seen the request for the ability to schedule a pinned comment for a scheduled post. The answer is always the same - with the api rules of YouTube... it is not possible. That sounds like a reasonable, if unfortunate, answer.
But I have my own way of scheduling a pinned post and it works. A lot of people have asked about it, and it does not seem to be a feature we will get. So this workaround does work, and it is really not that bad.

When I upload a video it defaults to Unlisted. When I am finished uploading and adding everything, right before scheduling the post, I publish it as Unlisted. Then I go to the video, add my comment, and pin the comment. Then I go back to the editing page, schedule the post, and the comment vanishes. Scheduled posts are considered Private, and Private posts cannot have comments. But... when the schedule kicks in and makes the video Public - the comment is back and still pinned.

The only oddity I see is that the date of the post will show when you posted it, not when the video publishes. So, if you schedule a week in advance - the comment will be 1 week old when the video is brand new. This does not bother me, but does confuse my subscribers.

It is a little clunky but it works.
Damn fine solution!

Reactions: Anthony Miyazaki