• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Question Question about views and watch time

sjs94704

Familiar Member
For videos that get put into PRIVATE status, do their views and watch time still show
for analytics? For the purpose of this question I am not talking about what counts for
monitization. I am stricktly talking about what shows as like total views on the channel
and total watch time for the channel?

Nody | Team TB

Administrator
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
For videos that get put into PRIVATE status, do their views and watch time still show
for analytics? For the purpose of this question I am not talking about what counts for
monitization. I am stricktly talking about what shows as like total views on the channel
and total watch time for the channel?

As far as I remember, If you private a specific video, regardless of how many views and watch hours you had, it will be taken off from your channel analytics in the next 48 hours from the time you delete the video or private them. Do note that, it will still show it in life-time analytic section in your studio but in last 365/90/28 days analytic, it won't show it as it's private.

Reactions: Damon

Anthony Miyazaki

TubeBuddy Pro
YouTube.com
Subscriber Goal
YouTube is a bit cryptic on this at times. I've seen channels where the About page states that the channel has 10,000+ views, but the 7 videos had only a collective few hundred. Something was counting somewhere to get those 10k+. I have a number of unlisted (not private) videos -- about 25 or so -- but I've never tried to add the numbers to see if they count in the totals.

I know that for monetization (which you said this isn't about), unlisted and private don't count.