• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Opinion Could there be a 'Creator Mode'?

sjs94704

Familiar Member
I am updating my post from it's original version so sorry if anything comes up unexpected......

Since I did not see a 'Feature Request' choice i picked the prefix for this as best I could so sorry if it is miscatagorized.....

I think it would be SUPER COOL if YouTube could have a 'Creator Mode' so that everything functions exactly the same it does now only we can go onto our actual YouTube site and see exactly how things look, test the hell out of everything, check our descriptions to see how they will actually look like to a viewer, test all of our links from the description to see what will happen when the viewer clicks on it and it act in ALL the ways it would as a visitor so we can know for SURE everything is correct as can be!

And the MOST IMPORTANT part about this is that it will not advance our view count or have any effect on our watch time, basically as if we were never there!

Thoughts anyone?

Last edited:

MediaMan

Very Well-Known Member
I have a personal channel that I use for general youtube and viewing/testing my other channels. YouTube knows people are going to test their channels so I wouldn't be concerned with those views.

One of the best tips I've learned is, focus on making your channel look good on mobile phones. Profile image, banner image, thumbnails. Those who edit just on computers (large screens / high res) can make the mistake of making their text, graphics, too small when viewed on phones.

OP
OP
sjs94704

sjs94704

Familiar Member
One of the best tips I've learned is, focus on making your channel look good on mobile phones. Profile image, banner image, thumbnails. Those who edit just on computers (large screens / high res) can make the mistake of making their text, graphics, too small when viewed on phones.
Thanks so much for that tip! Might be why I am not getting views on some of my other videos besides shorts...Cheers!

MediaMan

Very Well-Known Member
Might be why I am not getting views on some of my other videos besides shorts...

Well....maybe....but shorts is dominating everything in YouTube right now. With shorts monetization coming up I'm sure they're pushing impressions on shorts as a way to get content creators excited. For most newish channels it's fairly common to have no or very low views for a while and then things start creeping up. I'm 2 months in on my channel and 1 video (long play) was only getting maybe 20 views a week, but all of a sudden it's been getting 200+ a day for the past couple of weeks. It's an 8 minute video and viewers are watching almost the entire video so my view hours have greatly benefited from just that one video.

OP
OP
sjs94704

sjs94704

Familiar Member
Well....maybe....but shorts is dominating everything in YouTube right now. With shorts monetization coming up I'm sure they're pushing impressions on shorts as a way to get content creators excited. For most newish channels it's fairly common to have no or very low views for a while and then things start creeping up. I'm 2 months in on my channel and 1 video (long play) was only getting maybe 20 views a week, but all of a sudden it's been getting 200+ a day for the past couple of weeks. It's an 8 minute video and viewers are watching almost the entire video so my view hours have greatly benefited from just that one video.
Sounds awesome! Good luck for a continued increase in views!
For me, I was watching the videos I have and I can see why people are jumping off!

My issue is not much energy and kind of boring to watch, so that is the next BIGGEST thing I gotta work on!

Since I am just getting started I have to just give myself time to get comfortable in front of the camera!
I have been watching a lot of videos by Nate at the 'Channel Makers' channel and he has so much great advice
and a great strategy on how to make videos and how to go about progressing as a new channel !
You can see him here: Channel Makers - Nate
Anyway, I will just keep going.....