• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Question What to do with these 7 videos?

sjs94704

Familiar Member
I am a brand new channel and before I really got my feet wet in how to use these various SEO tools
I made about 7 videos just to get myself going. Let me be clear, the videos I am talking about are not
SHORTS, but they are only 2:30-5 minutes long each, so I am not talking about really long videos here!

So, I am wondering if this might be a great opportunity for a few different things for me and I am just
thinking out loud here and am looking to see if I can get some feedback if I am on the right track and
right frame of mind here, or, should I be thinking in some other way.

So, here I go... I have a story to tell ...

I am going to tell you everything I have done since I started making videos.

What I am learning is that where I should start (at least some would say) is the video title. That is because
I have done my keyword searching so I know eactly what the title of the video will be and then from there I
will have what I will need to know for the next steps which are the planning, production, post production, etc
until I have my final video, etc......

So, now, in the case that I already have completed videos, to be honest, I could have done a lot more research
and been much better prepared. I know that during the filming of these I was really struggling with my space
where I was going to be doing my filming because I only have a 400 square foot apartment. I have since re-arranged
my furniture (which I wanted to do anyways!) and have improved my filming area or at least am well on the way!
I painted the wall so it is not the typical white wall that you find in the apartment.

Which leads me to the next and most important part ....

Should I take these 7 videos and say one at a time re-do them? But this time, take the main topic of each video and basically
start from scratch and since I only have 7 videos, to just use the entire experience as a learning experience?

As I do re-do each video, just put the old one in PRIVATE status so I don't loose the few views I did get which is about the mid 20's
off of each one. Let me be clear, I am NOT looking to re-do these videos because of lack of views! The ONLY reason for thinking
about re-doing them is because of lack of planning in the first place and not knowing how to do the SEO process!

In these videos I had no script, not much research, I just started talking. They are on subjects I know a little bit about, so I was
comfortable talking about what I knew about each one.

Since I only have 20 views on each of these videos and they are essentially doing NOTHING at all right now... I mean ZERO (0)!
would it really be best to delete them or just leave them in private status?

So ... What do you all think I should do?

Option 1- Leave them as they are and just move on to new topics and use what I've learned on those ?
Option 2- Take the time to re-record the videos I have after doing more SEO / research first (Maybe come back to these later) ?

I don't consider these subject super critical to my channel, but I would just like the videos to be right!

OP
OP
sjs94704

sjs94704

Familiar Member
Option 1- Leave them as they are and just move on to new topics and use what I've learned on those ?
Option 2- Take the time to re-record the videos I have after doing more SEO / research first (Maybe come back to these later) ?
Since I can't see how to edit my post, what I meant to say is under the case of option #1 to come back to them later...not for option #2 ..

MediaMan

Very Well-Known Member
In my opinion fwiw..... you're just starting out so either way it's really not going to impact your channel. My personal feeling is leave them and either re-do them with fresh ideas or create new content. I think subs love to go back over time and see channel's earlier videos. :)

OP
OP
sjs94704

sjs94704

Familiar Member
In my opinion fwiw..... you're just starting out so either way it's really not going to impact your channel. My personal feeling is leave them and either re-do them with fresh ideas or create new content. I think subs love to go back over time and see channel's earlier videos. :)
OK, great! Thanks for taking the time to read my post and offering your opinion!

Reactions: MediaMan