• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Question Channel Trailers, set to autoplay?

MediaMan

Very Well-Known Member
I think all channel trailers play automatically, that's why they can have a disproportionate view count to other videos.

Reactions: Random

MediaMan

Very Well-Known Member
Well, keep in mind there are 2 trailer types, one that is shown only for non subscribers and the other one for current subscribers. So I don't think there's anything pushy about them, plus they are only shown when they view your home channel page and at that point it's a good thing the non sub trailer plays automatically because it's a great opportunity to get a new sub which accents just how important the trailer is, especially the first few seconds or so. For current subs seems like most channels either play their most popular video or their latest video.

Reactions: Damon and Random
OP
OP
Dave's Fit Life

Dave's Fit Life

davekanyan.com
Subscriber Goal
Well, keep in mind there are 2 trailer types, one that is shown only for non subscribers and the other one for current subscribers. So I don't think there's anything pushy about them, plus they are only shown when they view your home channel page and at that point it's a good thing the non sub trailer plays automatically because it's a great opportunity to get a new sub which accents just how important the trailer is, especially the first few seconds or so. For current subs seems like most channels either play their most popular video or their latest video.
Ok. Good enough. Thank you for responding. I appreciate that!

Reactions: Random

emildior

Since April 2018, Google made some changes to the Autoplay Policy. You not only need to add the autoplay=1 as a query param, but also add allow='autoplay' as an iframe's attribute

So while embed youtube video, you will have to do something like this:

Code:
<iframe src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/VIDEO_ID?autoplay=1" allow='autoplay'></iframe>