• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Community Channel Becoming the best version of myself as possible

Hdedeaux

User name: Hdedeaux
Title of introduction: Becoming the best version of myself as possible
Your name/ Alias: Heather Nicole
Where are you from? California
How did you find TubeBuddy? I found TubeBuddy by watching a video on how to start a YouTube channel. The content creator spoke highly of this platform so here I am.
What made you join the TubeBuddy forums? I decided to join because of how welcoming the community forum feels.
What would you like to accomplish with your channel: I want to be a voice for people that have been betrayed or hurt and do not know how to move forward. I want to extend words of encouragement to people that are struggling.
How frequently do you upload? Weekly
What are your hobbies? I enjoy working out, swimming, hanging out with family and people that love me, I love spending time with my kids, and doing the simple things in life.
What is your biggest dream? My biggest dream is to be able to create a comfortable lifestyle for my family while doing something I love such as creating YouTube content.
YouTube Channel Link: https://youtube.com/channel/UCKB4W914nh_qPchpCrp6xTQ

Anthony Miyazaki

TubeBuddy Pro
YouTube.com
Subscriber Goal
Hi Heather,

Great work on your channel thus far. Excellent advice in your videos (I watched the "controlling your emotions" one and skimmed through the "ghosted" one). A few thoughts:
(1) ALWAYS "like" your own video (it's not like Instagram where it's not cool; on YouTube, no one knows the first like is yours).
(2) Share these with your friends and ask them to watch, comment, share your videos, and subscribe. You really have great advice that many people need to hear.
(3) Keep making videos! I see 3 from "2 weeks ago" and 2 from "9 days ago." Don't get discouraged and stop. Keep making these, even if it's only one per week to start (that's 52 videos in a year).
(4) Consider (just an idea) giving people "3 steps" or "4 ways" etc. to deal with, overcome, resolve, etc. their issues. I really like the way you're discussing your thoughts and you're giving great advice, but it's important for people to feel that they know they'll get a certain number of steps/ideas/etc. and walk away with those in the end. You'll reach more people this way (and grow your channel).
(5) Comment on other related videos and mention that "I talk about this in my video" (and try to do it in a way to not sound self-promotive).
(6) Use YouTube's end-screens to promote your other videos to your viewers.

If you keep this up, I'm convinced you'll grow your audience. In the meantime, here's a here's a video from my channel that you might enjoy: "Motivation & Success: Opportunities Are Usually Disguised as Hard Work / 3 Success Steps"

If you need YouTube advice (free) as you grow, feel free to reach out to me (I'm easiest to reach via LinkedIn).

Best wishes for a great YouTube experience,
Anthony
P.S. I'm that second subscriber. :)

OP
OP
H

Hdedeaux

Hello Anthony,

I really appreciate your response. I was feeling doubtful, which is why I skipped uploading last week. You have provided some really great feedback and I will use this to keep pushing with my channel. I noticed I get lost in my thoughts when IΓÇÖm recording. I believe your advice to actual provide steps will be extremely helpful so I can keep myself from going off topic. I thank you so very much for your words of encouragement.

Thank you

Heather

Reactions: Anthony Miyazaki