• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Help My comment section turns off randomly on some videos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oliver & Liz

Recognized Member
TubeBuddy Star
Subscriber Goal
IΓÇÖm an Adult Fan Of Lego (AFOL) I have a lego channel not made for kids. Comments are turned on, but they get turned off after a video is made public. I have one video in particular that I have to go back and turn comments back on every few days. I donΓÇÖt know why this keeps happening. I do not ever mention kids or that it is kid friendly. I do, however, mention ΓÇ£family-friendlyΓÇ¥ and ΓÇ£AFOLΓÇ¥ in my tags. I donΓÇÖt show my face, it is only my big ol steam shovel hands.

I have my channel settings are :
ΓÇ£No, set this channel as not made for kids. I never upload content thatΓÇÖs made for kids.ΓÇ¥

Upload defaults are:
Allow all comments

Community defaults:
Allow all comments

Does anyone have any insight as to what might be going on?

Edit: My channel I'm having the issues with is called Charming Jellyfish, and not the channel(Oliver and Liz Just Play) I have linked to this profile :)

Last edited:

MediaMan

Very Well-Known Member
Just guessing....YouTube auto bot mods are confused by Legos for adults. Have you tried setting the comments to "Hold potentially inappropriate comments for review"? Maybe that would at least keep the comments flowing, but at the burden of notifications.

Reactions: Oliver & Liz

Nody | Team TB

Administrator
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
IΓÇÖm an Adult Fan Of Lego (AFOL) I have a lego channel not made for kids. Comments are turned on, but they get turned off after a video is made public. I have one video in particular that I have to go back and turn comments back on every few days. I donΓÇÖt know why this keeps happening. I do not ever mention kids or that it is kid friendly. I do, however, mention ΓÇ£family-friendlyΓÇ¥ and ΓÇ£AFOLΓÇ¥ in my tags. I donΓÇÖt show my face, it is only my big ol steam shovel hands.

I have my channel settings are :
ΓÇ£No, set this channel as not made for kids. I never upload content thatΓÇÖs made for kids.ΓÇ¥

Upload defaults are:
Allow all comments

Community defaults:
Allow all comments

Does anyone have any insight as to what might be going on?

Edit: My channel I'm having the issues with is called Charming Jellyfish, and not the channel(Oliver and Liz Just Play) I have linked to this profile :)

I'm able to post or see a comment section on your channel Charming Jellyfish, just to confirm, this is the channel you're querying about right? https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6t68yXX-e1BwxXQX7-da9g/about

OP
OP
Oliver & Liz

Oliver & Liz

Recognized Member
TubeBuddy Star
Subscriber Goal
They might just be confused haha. I have a video set to release tomorrow and I have the ΓÇ£hold potentially inappropriate comments for reviewΓÇ¥ option selected. Fingers, toes and eyes crossed that it works.

OP
OP
Oliver & Liz

Oliver & Liz

Recognized Member
TubeBuddy Star
Subscriber Goal
OP
OP
Oliver & Liz

Oliver & Liz

Recognized Member
TubeBuddy Star
Subscriber Goal
Just guessing....YouTube auto bot mods are confused by Legos for adults. Have you tried setting the comments to "Hold potentially inappropriate comments for review"? Maybe that would at least keep the comments flowing, but at the burden of notifications.
Update: I've set my defaults upload settings to "Hold potentially inappropriate comments for review" and I have not had the comments randomly turn off. Hopefully *fingers crossed* it stays that way!

• Love
Reactions: MediaMan

Nody | Team TB

Administrator
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
Update: I've set my defaults upload settings to "Hold potentially inappropriate comments for review" and I have not had the comments randomly turn off. Hopefully *fingers crossed* it stays that way!

Perfect! Glad to hear that it's fixed for now haha.

I will lock this topic since the issue has been resolved and will upvote your answer. If you wish to unlock this topic or If the issue arises again, just dm me with the thread link so I can get it unlocked for you ;)

Kind Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.