• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Help My Youtube Views Suddenly Dropped And I Don't Know Why

cuttercreations

I recently started my YouTube channel and was having quick success, having thousands of views a day and at my peak 15k in one day, however after that peak Youtube seemed to have give me a shadowban of sorts, and my views have plummeted to virtually nothing. I am still posting successfully, but each video is only garnering 3 or 4 views if that, however no video is ever making it to the shorts feed. How do I fix this? How long does a shadowban like this usually last? Please help.

Screen Shot 2022-11-07 at 5.11.30 PM.png

MediaMan

Very Well-Known Member
If this is your channel...

It looks like what's been happening with a ton of channels pushing shorts. The channel blows up for a bit and then goes back to YouTube reality. The idea according to several videos I've watched, is to act asap when the shorts start to blow up and bump out a bunch of similar related content to those shorts to keep the momentum going. Apparently some channels have been able to get monetized in days doing this.

I mean, otherwise for a channel up since Sept 2022 with over 80k views, seems like you're off to a good start.

Nody | Team TB

Administrator
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
I recently started my YouTube channel and was having quick success, having thousands of views a day and at my peak 15k in one day, however after that peak Youtube seemed to have give me a shadowban of sorts, and my views have plummeted to virtually nothing. I am still posting successfully, but each video is only garnering 3 or 4 views if that, however no video is ever making it to the shorts feed. How do I fix this? How long does a shadowban like this usually last? Please help.

View attachment 13007

Can you please share your channel link here so we can provide you with better feedback as of now, by just looking at the graphs we can't give you any specific information or the areas you need to work on. Shorts are quite notorious in nature, not all shorts make their way to the shelf. There will be times when your videos will go into Shelf right away while others might not even go, it's indeed a confusing algorithm. The subscribers and the views which you do get from the short shelf may or may not watch your long-form video as they prefer shorts over long-form, thus, there might instance where you might see a sudden drop in your normal video views.

Now, If this is your channel, then I can say that, out of around 54 videos your channel has published in the last 90 days, 52 are shorts and I'm not surprised here to see a sudden spike in views and at the same time, a massive drop.

Moreover, there's no such shadowban really, it's all up to a bit of luck and a bit of algorithm here, If people are finding the keyword you used on your shorts video and If you do upload it around the time when most of the people are active and If your shorts are getting good audience retention which means, If people are waiting and watching your videos either completely or at least more than 50%, which is around 30 seconds + If you have posted 1 min short, then YouTube Algorithm will push the video to a wider audience as much as it can until your video performance eventually starts going down and at one point of time, it will just stop getting views.

Now, If you've done your research well when it comes to keywords and If the topic or content of your short includes a piece of information which people are still looking or searching for, man... you just have won the algorithm there! People will find your videos through normal search discovery, thus, youtube pushes your shorts video as a normal video and thus, you will keep making the views, however, If it's just a random short that you made out of pure entertainment, then it shouldn't be surprising to see a drop in the views overall.

-----------

Also, in regards to the YouTube channel ink below your post :-

You can fix the error at the bottom of your post by following these instructions:

Last edited:
Reactions: cuttercreations

Nody | Team TB

Administrator
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal

Perfect! I have mentioned all the details keeping the above channel in my mind..

Can you please share your channel link here so we can provide you with better feedback as of now, by just looking at the graphs we can't give you any specific information or the areas you need to work on. Shorts are quite notorious in nature, not all shorts make their way to the shelf. There will be times when your videos will go into Shelf right away while others might not even go, it's indeed a confusing algorithm. The subscribers and the views which you do get from the short shelf may or may not watch your long-form video as they prefer shorts over long-form, thus, there might instance where you might see a sudden drop in your normal video views.

Now, If this is your channel, then I can say that, out of around 54 videos your channel has published in the last 90 days, 52 are shorts and I'm not surprised here to see a sudden spike in views and at the same time, a massive drop.

Moreover, there's no such shadowban really, it's all up to a bit of luck and a bit of algorithm here, If people are finding the keyword you used on your shorts video and If you do upload it around the time when most of the people are active and If your shorts are getting good audience retention which means, If people are waiting and watching your videos either completely or at least more than 50%, which is around 30 seconds + If you have posted 1 min short, then YouTube Algorithm will push the video to a wider audience as much as it can until your video performance eventually starts going down and at one point of time, it will just stop getting views.

Now, If you've done your research well when it comes to keywords and If the topic or content of your short includes a piece of information which people are still looking or searching for, man... you just have won the algorithm there! People will find your videos through normal search discovery, thus, youtube pushes your shorts video as a normal video and thus, you will keep making the views, however, If it's just a random short that you made out of pure entertainment, then it shouldn't be surprising to see a drop in the views overall.

-----------

Also, in regards to the YouTube channel ink below your post :-

You can fix the error at the bottom of your post by following these instructions:

My personal feedback would be, your channel is doing well in terms of overall growth & I did see your second last long video upload which you did here , did quite well, which means, your audience is responding plus, YouTube is pushing the video considering it did get around 1k views. Now, you just need to work on doing proper research using Keyword Tool, making better thumbnails and most important, Optimizing your video. I did see that you're not optimizing your videos which could be another reason, not only reason but part of other factors which might be reason for your videos not being pushed to the wider audience.

Remember, for a video to get more impressions, you need better SEO and to convert that impression into the view, you need a better thumbnail and appealing title. If you have managed to achieve these factors, and If your content is being searched on YouTube search or Google discovery, you will definitely see good results.

Additionally, I do see that you're posting unnecessary polls in your community tab asking irrelevant questions about who is better than who, instead of asking such questions which really won't help you or your community other than for sake of pure entertainment, you should opt for asking more relevant question such as what sort of video or content they wish to see on your channel, ask for feedbacks and what not. I'm not discouraging you from making polls for entertainment purposes, however, don't overdo them and make sure that you use your community tab in a more efficient manner and for its main purpose which is to interact with your audience, know them and get their feedback.

Reactions: Damon