• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Need Advice Youtube Subtitles

Colachelnoor

I have an issue and I need advice

My Youtube channel is in my local language Tamil. In Subtitles I add the translation directly in English. But after reading some material here I am confused.

Should I type Subtitles in my local language first and then proceed to English?
Or I can continue with English?

Nody | Team TB

Administrator
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
I have an issue and I need advice

My Youtube channel is in my local language Tamil. In Subtitles I add the translation directly in English. But after reading some material here I am confused.

Should I type Subtitles in my local language first and then proceed to English?
Or I can continue with English?

It totally depends on how you wish to proceed ahead with this. My personal recommendation here would be to manually type out your subtitle in your local language as that might be way more accurate than using the translation since your core audience (hopefully) is Tamilians and they would prefer to have proper subtitles and would choose that over English as it will be convenient for them so I'd say go for the local language first and post that, you can use our Tool for the English Translation If you've Legend level Tier or you can just use google translate for the English and that should be enough.

Reactions: Colachelnoor