• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Question Have you had your channel handle yet ?

vwes59

Subscriber Goal
If you didn't know, Youtube are rolling out twitter-like handles to channel owners. You will be notified by email when it's time to choose yours. We got ours yesterday, so we can now have a URL of youtube.com/@vwes

It's a lot less cumbersome than the current home screen link.

Has anyone else had theirs yet ?

sjs94704

Familiar Member
Yes, yes! Got the one I wanted! I was on top of it and watching close for my email notification and went to grab it within an hour of getting my notifcation!

malditzTV

If you didn't know, Youtube are rolling out twitter-like handles to channel owners. You will be notified by email when it's time to choose yours. We got ours yesterday, so we can now have a URL of youtube.com/@vwes

not yet!

The Kitchen Gamer

Making Food from everyday and from Video Games
TubeBuddy Pro
Trusted User
Subscriber Goal
Yup got mine, which I'm so happy to have as it's going to make finding my channel extremely easy now.

MediaMan

Very Well-Known Member
Yes I've got mine. Easy for me to remember. @DronePilot01:)

fwiw......Not a fan of adding in numbers to be similar to the more popular taken names/handles. I would suggest something different, maybe add in your location like "UK Drone Pilot", "@ukdronepilot", etc, etc.

Reactions: Drone Pilot

Drone Pilot

dronepilots.business.site
Subscriber Goal
fwiw......Not a fan of adding in numbers to be similar to the more popular taken names/handles. I would suggest something different, maybe add in your location like "UK Drone Pilot", "@ukdronepilot", etc, etc.
Yes I agree but my business is called Drone Pilot and I admit all I could get was that. I wish I said something about here first before choosing.

MattCommand1

On sabbatical
TubeBuddy Pro
Trusted User
Subscriber Goal
Yes I agree but my business is called Drone Pilot and I admit all I could get was that. I wish I said something about here first before choosing.

I have been forced into sticking a number at the end also as the easiest solution. You might prefer a single-digit number instead of a double-dgit if you are forced into it. "@dronepilot1" for example.

Random

Subscriber Goal

I already did mine, everybody should get an email or in their dashboard

MediaMan

Very Well-Known Member
I have been forced into sticking a number at the end also as the easiest solution. You might prefer a single-digit number instead of a double-dgit if you are forced into it. "@dronepilot1" for example.

I just typed in "dronepilot" and this came up in YouTube...https://www.youtube.com/@dronepilot
Maybe I'm wrong...but I think it represents a possible long term mistake of not creating a more unique handle. Granted seo competitor overlap is inevitable, but all of your marketing, seo, hashtags (#dronepilot) etc, could in affect be marketing competitor's channels just as effectively. If I was forced into an exact channel name/handle that was already taken or used by an established channel, I wouldn't add numbers, I would add words, something like "BestDronePilot", "SuperiorDronePilot", "UKDronePilot", "TheDronePilot", etc, etc. hmmm.....