• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

TubeBuddy Request for feedback on my channel description ....

sjs94704

Familiar Member
I found some documentation with an example of a good channel description and I just changed it to include
the types of videos I currently have in mind and would just like some feedback if you think I am spread out too
much in too many different directions as far as what kind of videos I should be making or if I should narrow
my scope a bit.

My idea was inspired by a young guy who made videos on different topics such as indicated in my description.
He did not get into a lot of detail with his videos but gave people enough valuable information to inspire them on
the topics he covered.

Keep in mind that this is just my FIRST thought of where I am headed and totally open to suggestions and am a
sponge ready to listen and learn from you all on how I might be able to look at this as either a good direction OR,
any suggstion to some changes you might offer.

My first question is, based on my description below, is it too much to describe my personal situation the way I did, OR
can that benefit me? ..... OR, is it better to stick with the facts of what the channel is about?

In my life I have shared this part of it and it has not always been the best idea and am not sure if it is relevent here and
don't want to make the mistake of leaving it there if it should not be.

The question becomes, if I take that part out, what do I replace it with?

Here is my current channel description:

How-to, every day life advice, self-improvement and inspirational videos for everyday people including relationships,
money management, time management, recovery, and self-exploration. My goal is to produce high quality, informative
content and continue to improve on each video.

As of the inception of this channel (August, 2022) I am 58 years old. I have not been suffering from, but dealing with multiple
disabilities from birth and it is my goal to use my life experiences to help inspire others to not give up from their own struggles,
but to develop a positive outlook and live a better life! I have also had a professional career and will share what I have learned
to help people make smarter decisions about critical life issues. Come join me on my journey and let me help inspire you on yours!

MediaMan

Very Well-Known Member
"every day life advice, self-improvement, inspirational videos, relationships, money management, time management, recovery, self-exploration,
multiple disabilities"

Any of those could be separate channels. I would guess your channel is going to experience what one of my channels is experiencing. Views are fine but subscriber activity is very low. Depending how engaging your videos are you may be able to overcome the diversity, but most will tell you to focus on the 2-3 subjects that you are very knowledgeable about and sprinkle the other videos out occasionally.

Reactions: sjs94704
OP
OP
sjs94704

sjs94704

Familiar Member
Hi, there! Thanks for your reply and your thoughts. Great idea to think about by keeping the diversity to a minimum. I kind of figured that would be the case, but as with many things, when you put something out for others to give you feedback and what they say pretty much confirms what your thinking then it is a much better chance that you can be right about your train of thought! Amen to that! Thanks again!

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
I would begin your description with an emphasis on what your channel is about and I would make sure to include target keyword phrases that you want associated with your channel/videos in general. After that I would include information about yourself to end the About section. The human element is compelling and will serve more purpose for actual viewers who stop by the read it.

OP
OP
sjs94704

sjs94704

Familiar Member
I would begin your description with an emphasis on what your channel is about and I would make sure to include target keyword phrases that you want associated with your channel/videos in general. After that I would include information about yourself to end the About section. The human element is compelling and will serve more purpose for actual viewers who stop by the read it.
I did decide on Everyday life advice and spirituality. While I won't say publicly which group I am part of, we focus a lot on spirituality so I know that that subject for SURE should be one on my channel. I can use what I am learning to share with others. As far as everyday life advice it is just about common sense topics that people often need a video as a nice reminder of those things that we often stop paying attention to in life because we get so busy doing what we are doing. And, offering new ideas on how to approach these things.

I am extremely grateful for yours and others replies ....

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Stanley | Team TB