• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Help trying to delete older channel

jaymontgomery78

Hey everyone. During Covid we launched a new youtube channel to livestream on. Not huge but close to 300 subscribers for our small town/church. However, when searching for our channel, no matter what wording is used, the 9yo channel surfaces. The problem is I cannot find what email it was attached to. We've had 4 admin assistants in the past few years, plus, I just can remember. There are 3 older videos on the old YT channel. The whole thing things to be deleted but cannot figue out what email account it is linked to. I know the options we would have used for a password but stuck right now...Any suggestions? We are wanting to permanently delete the channel so searchers can find our new/live version. Thank you.

MediaMan

Very Well-Known Member
On a PC when you click on the about tab for a channel you can "For business inquires VIEW EMAIL ADDRESS". Have you tried that on a PC so you can see the email address used? This doesn't seem to be available on mobile devices.

MattCommand1

On sabbatical
TubeBuddy Pro
Trusted User
Subscriber Goal
A trick I used to find the email address of old youtube accounts is to leave a comment on one of the videos to see where it shows up. It can provide a clue if the comment appears in an email notification.

Reactions: jaymontgomery78
OP
OP
jaymontgomery78

jaymontgomery78

On a PC when you click on the about tab for a channel you can "For business inquires VIEW EMAIL ADDRESS". Have you tried that on a PC so you can see the email address used? This doesn't seem to be available on mobile devices.

Here's a pic of what I see with no other options.

Attachments

• Photo Oct 28 2022, 11 50 55 AM.jpg
    Photo Oct 28 2022, 11 50 55 AM.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 55
OP
OP
jaymontgomery78

jaymontgomery78

A trick I used to find the email address of old youtube accounts is to leave a comment on one of the videos to see where it shows up. It can provide a clue if the comment appears in an email notification.
I tried that and waiting to see from our administrative assistant after she checks our church email account. Thanks.