• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Question Which software do I need to make videos like this?

MattCommand1

On sabbatical
TubeBuddy Pro
Trusted User
Subscriber Goal
Most of the reputable video editors do that. It isn't really an advanced feature. Adobe Premiere, DaVinci Resolve, Corel VideoStudio, Filmora, etc.

I know a lot of people like Adobe Premiere but nearly everyone says that it has a steep learning curve. Plus it is obnoxiously expensive paying for software "forever". If you need a freebie fast, go get DaVinci Resolve. However, you need a decent PC to run it.

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
That isn't anything special or specific to any type of software (other than regular editing software). That popup at the beginning is simply an image layered on top of the background footage in his editing program. The image has an 'intro effect' causing it to rise onto the screen like it did.
You can create a graphic like this by taking a screen shot of the image you want to use (or creating one using any image editing program). Make it a PNG file so that you can have a clear background (if you so desire) and then simply add it as a layer to your file in your editing software.
If you aren't well versed in what I'm saying you should spend some time watching beginner tutorials for the editing software that you use; graphics like this can be done with even the most rudimentary editing programs.

Reactions: Damon

maryangelyn

Well, you can use the adobe video editor. These animations from the video look like paid effects from adobe premiere pro video effects that you can download from the premium adobe subscription page or buy these effects on special sites like videohive, if you are too lazy to create them by yourself. I wouldn't say I like creating new transitions because it requires too much time, and sometimes buying animation from the specialized time is better than wasting more time on creating the animations. If you want, I can share with you animations that I already downloaded, and maybe you can use some of them if you don't have much budget to pay for a subscription right now.

Last edited:
Reactions: Damon

Anthony Miyazaki

TubeBuddy Pro
YouTube.com
Subscriber Goal
If you're using Premiere Pro (my favorite) or Final Cut Pro, you can download sets of motion graphic templates that will make your videos look great. Look for some called "lower thirds" which will have titles that typically are in the "lower third" of the screen.

TangoRomeo87

www.tangoromeo87.com
Subscriber Goal
FIlmora, easy to learn, won't break the bank to buy in. Handles complex issues with a click. Like other great editors, have some computer power or suffer crashes and painfully slow work flow. Editing video is like gaming, it takes up a lot of system resources.