• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube SEO SEO

LibertyLinks

Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
nbgrooms.com
Subscriber Goal
Right now I feel like I'm making good progress with the production skills and the visual aspects of my channel. Where I feel like I'm failing is in doing the SEO research for my projects. TubeBuddy certainly is helping with this, but my videos take off so much better when I hire someone on Fiverr to do the optimization. I feel often like I'm failing on my own to get my videos out there.

MattCommand1

On sabbatical
TubeBuddy Pro
Trusted User
Subscriber Goal
Right now I feel like I'm making good progress with the production skills and the visual aspects of my channel. Where I feel like I'm failing is in doing the SEO research for my projects. TubeBuddy certainly is helping with this, but my videos take off so much better when I hire someone on Fiverr to do the optimization. I feel often like I'm failing on my own to get my videos out there.

Writing a good title is not entirely about SEO. You can't just stuff a title full of SEO words and phrases. People don't respond well to unnatural titles.

The title has to be "catchy" and perhaps informative. However, I have learned that I can give too much away in the title which takes away the mystery. Writing titles is a tough skill to master to write a "catchy" headline that instills curiosity for someone to click. Most "catchy" titles have a tabloid headline quality to it.

Last edited:

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
I like that you made the effort to get the Fiverr guys to help with your SEO... you should take a page out of their book and learn from the things they did. Personally I would want to spend that money having someone coach me on how to do the SEO, rather than having someone do it for me. It isn't hard; but it does require you to step outside your normal way of thinking.

DevilByTheTale

TubeBuddy Legend
Subscriber Goal
Do a search for your video in YT, then check out other videos that are the most similar. Look at their tags and descriptions to see what is common, and implement some of that in your own. This is something Tubebuddy really helps with.

Reactions: Xavier De Buck