• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Help Advice needed after monetization rejection

White Noise Zebra

So about 70% of my channel is licensed content. I just found at that youtube doesn't care if I have permission to use the content, I still I can't monetize with "reused content" on my channel. That's something that youtube tutorials about using licensed content all fail to mention. I am assuming this includes both any licensed songs and any licensed rain or white noise sounds on my channel.

I have two options: A) appeal to youtube stating why I think they are wrong, or 2) remove all the "reused" content from my channel and stick with the original content. Any suggestions?

I'll attach the communication I got from youtube about it.

Attachments

• appeal.JPG
    appeal.JPG
    64.5 KB · Views: 95
  • Monetization.JPG
    Monetization.JPG
    85.5 KB · Views: 138

MattCommand1

On sabbatical
TubeBuddy Pro
Trusted User
Subscriber Goal
So about 70% of my channel is licensed content. I just found at that youtube doesn't care if I have permission to use the content, I still I can't monetize with "reused content" on my channel. That's something that youtube tutorials about using licensed content all fail to mention. I am assuming this includes both any licensed songs and any licensed rain or white noise sounds on my channel.

I have two options: A) appeal to youtube stating why I think they are wrong, or 2) remove all the "reused" content from my channel and stick with the original content. Any suggestions?

I'll attach the communication I got from youtube about it.

Your attachments are self-explanatory. YT want original creators for YPP but there are all kinds of people trying to hack their way into the program by trying to be clever.

There is a poor mindset that seems to be growing. YPP is not allowing people who don't truly create in which I think I is a great thing. Quality and originality matters and the baseline continues to grow.

People trying to hack into YPP with non-original content are going to be kept out of YPP. Sure, people can post all kinds of stuff for free but those people will never be seriously recognized, respected, or monetize.

Reactions: White Noise Zebra