• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Help My playlist has disappeared ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

on a dark night

www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
Hi it's been a while .
I've been making vids and putting them in a playlist on my channel .
It's been fine for the past few weeks but now my playlist does not show.
It's there according to youtube studio but not on my actual channel .
It doesn't show my new vids on my channel even though the playlist is on public mode .
If I create a new playlist that doesnt show either .
Has anybody had this problem before and how do I rectify it , I'm concerned my channel is done.

BraveStar

Life ain't no Nintendo Game
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Hi it's been a while .
I've been making vids and putting them in a playlist on my channel .
It's been fine for the past few weeks but now my playlist does not show.
It's there according to youtube studio but not on my actual channel .
It doesn't show my new vids on my channel even though the playlist is on public mode .
If I create a new playlist that doesnt show either .
Has anybody had this problem before and how do I rectify it , I'm concerned my channel is done.

When you say it doesn't show, do you mean on the main page or on the channel at all? Because I see a playlist on your channel on both the main page and the playlist tab. I only see one. Is this the one you're speaking of?

Nightmare-truth-YouTube.png

OP
OP
on a dark night

on a dark night

www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
No sadly not .
I had three playlists - the one above , one with fictional stories that I'd wrote and another that has true stories about ghosts, serial killers , UFOs etc .
I'm now focusing on the true stories playlist but no matter what I do YouTube take them off .
I even made a new playlist and transported the vids to that playlist last night and it worked ... until today I discovered it has now also vanished.
I'm baffled and annoyed at having spent so much time on them yet I cannot show them .
I cannot figure out why it doesnt show.

Attachments

• 20221015_152220.jpg
    20221015_152220.jpg
    369 KB · Views: 69

BraveStar

Life ain't no Nintendo Game
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
No sadly not .
I had three playlists - the one above , one with fictional stories that I'd wrote and another that has true stories about ghosts, serial killers , UFOs etc .
I'm now focusing on the true stories playlist but no matter what I do YouTube take them off .
I even made a new playlist and transported the vids to that playlist last night and it worked ... until today I discovered it has now also vanished.
I'm baffled and annoyed at having spent so much time on them yet I cannot show them .
I cannot figure out why it doesnt show.

OK, here's what I see based on the image you showed me and compared to mine. You have 5 playlists on the image. Of the 5, 2 are public. Of the 2 public 1 has one of the videos as a thumbnail while the other has no thumbnail. If you look at mine below you'll notice all of mine are public but only one has no thumbnail because there are no videos in that playlist and that one doesn't show on my channel. It would seem that for some reason your playlist without the thumbnail is not recognizing any of the videos in it thus YouTube thinks the empty. I am not sure why this is happening. It's either a glitch on maybe the videos in that section are private?

There might be a way to fix this but it seems it can only be done on the desktop studio. Got to your studio, then to the playlist section and click the edit button for that top playlist. Each video has the 3 dot options menu. You should be able to select which video to make as the thumbnail for the playlist. See if that works.

Screenshot_20221015-104842.png

OP
OP
on a dark night

on a dark night

www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
Cheers I will give that a go tonight.
Most of the vids are on private at the moment as I was making a few with the intention of making them public weekly (so I have some ready in case I dont get time make some ) .
Even though there are public vids in it, it could be as you mentioned I'll try it later .
Thank you .

Reactions: BraveStar
OP
OP
on a dark night

on a dark night

www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
[

That' seems to have worked . Thank you!

QUOTE="Spanglish | Team TB, post: 162707, member: 14972"]
OK, here's what I see based on the image you showed me and compared to mine. You have 5 playlists on the image. Of the 5, 2 are public. Of the 2 public 1 has one of the videos as a thumbnail while the other has no thumbnail. If you look at mine below you'll notice all of mine are public but only one has no thumbnail because there are no videos in that playlist and that one doesn't show on my channel. It would seem that for some reason your playlist without the thumbnail is not recognizing any of the videos in it thus YouTube thinks the empty. I am not sure why this is happening. It's either a glitch on maybe the videos in that section are private?

There might be a way to fix this but it seems it can only be done on the desktop studio. Got to your studio, then to the playlist section and click the edit button for that top playlist. Each video has the 3 dot options menu. You should be able to select which video to make as the thumbnail for the playlist. See if that works.

View attachment 12871
[/QUOTE]

Reactions: Nody | Team TB
Status
Not open for further replies.