• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Help Building your email list

ddhamilt7

Subscriber Goal
Hi - for anyone else that collects emails via YouTube, how has it been going lately?

I am not getting much traction (got a few the other week, but none since) through my free opt-in offer whether offered in/under my videos in description and/or comments, or community posts.

It very well could be my opt-in offer isn't really a fit, too...but just curious how it might be going for you, if you are using this strategy.

Damon

Trusted User
Trusted User
www.blackwarriorlures.com
Subscriber Goal
Yeah, It has always been abysmal for me. People don't sign up for e-mails the way they used to. Don't get me wrong, an e-mail list, at least in concept, is vital for a stable business. However with everyone switching to cellphones, I wonder if an app would be a much better execution of the idea.

OP
OP
ddhamilt7

ddhamilt7

Subscriber Goal
Yes that's a good idea...I have seen some people say "text me" or the whole Telegram / Whatsapp number or Group. Then you can grab the email in there too possibly, and have both.

Of course I think a lot of YouTuber have Instagram just for this purpose as well, some even using FB groups as well

You got me thinking...

P.S. What is your opt-in currently i.e. ebook, course, masterclass etc...and is it dialed to your avatar well?

MattCommand1

On sabbatical
TubeBuddy Pro
Trusted User
Subscriber Goal
Yeah, It has always been abysmal for me. People don't sign up for e-mails the way they used to. Don't get me wrong, an e-mail list, at least in concept, is vital for a stable business. However with everyone switching to cellphones, I wonder if an app would be a much better execution of the idea.

The way I see people getting emails is by providing some kind of free giveaway. PDF, private video, private audio, etc. It can be "My must-have fishing gear list". They could, in theory, find it within all your videos. But a lot of people would rather just give their email for the quick list, for example. Or you can make this video that stays public if people want the info in one place.. in exchange for their email address.

I am eventually going to work on an email list and giving a freebie is the way a lot of creators collect email addresses.