• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Answered Help - Message blocked

Status
Not open for further replies.

DailyLunatic

Help
New YouTube Creator, but 'Old School'. (Think '80's & '90's)

I have begun setting up my channel and was thinking I could create and attach any email address to the account. (Apparently YouTube created a goofy one for the channel already, and won't let me change.) Long story short, I get this message sent to me from <mailer-daemon@googlemail.com> when I attempt to test from my Yahoo Mail:

Message blocked
Your message to [redacted] has been blocked. See technical details below for more information.

At first it went to my Spam folder (fixed), but I'm still getting the message.
Going to the referenced page does not address the issue.

My thinking is that I need to go to the Gmail account and 'unblock', but I can't seem to get to it.

Never tried to use the Gmail service before today, so forgive if this is basic.
Going to gmail.com only prompts that I add Gmail to my default Google Account. (which I can, and do manage - somewhat)
Trying to add the channel email only prompts that the email is taken
Tried logging into Google and Gmail with variations of the email address created by YouTube without success.
Going to my default Google Account does not show the address anywhere I have been able to find.
Changing to the Brand Account from main, does not allow me to manage Gmail services, that I can see.
Search of Internet was not productive. Most results dealt with how to block others.

I'm not even sure if my channel mail will be going to a channel Gmail account, or my Yahoo.

Advice is appreciated.

If this is the wrong forum, my apologies. Please forward to correct.
Thank you,

OP
OP
D

DailyLunatic

Solved:
Issue was that the 'email address' was an identifier.

When you're using the Brand Account, you may also get an unusual email address in some places, such as channel-name-1234@pages.plusgoogle.com. This email isn't a real one, it's just an identifier for the Brand Account. You can have a Brand Account even though Google+ is no longer available.
Email notifications for the YouTube channel go to the notification address that you can set for the Brand Account.

Sorry for the confusion. I spent 'literally' all day trying to find this.

Thank you,

Reactions: Nody | Team TB
Status
Not open for further replies.