• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Need Advice Why sub to so many other channels?

MediaMan

Very Well-Known Member
Several peeps here have dozens or maybe 100s of subscriptions to other channels visible from the "channels" section. Is there an advantage to this? Or are you exchanging subs? Thx.

Reactions: elmermartinez

Tito Tim

DecoratedPoster
TubeBuddy Star
titotim.com
I sub to about 50 channels, they are all channels that I actually watch. Some are inactive, and I clean out my list every so often.
Trading subs is useless, if the new sub is not actually a viewer.

• Sad
Reactions: elmermartinez

MattCommand1

On sabbatical
TubeBuddy Pro
Trusted User
Subscriber Goal
Several peeps here have dozens or maybe 100s of subscriptions to other channels visible from the "channels" section. Is there an advantage to this? Or are you exchanging subs? Thx.

I've never quite understood sharing channels with the public. Having said that, I do follow a number of channels despite the fact I don't actually view all the videos.

BraveStar

Life ain't no Nintendo Game
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
My content taste is extremely wide, it goes across several niches. Thus I subscribe to a fairly large number of channels though I don't watch every single video they create and like @Tito Tim I go through my list every year or so to see who hasn't uploaded in a long time and assume the channel is dead and unsubscribe. I only sub to a handful of friends and mostly because I actually watch their content from time to time if it interests me at the time. Just over 400 channel. It's a crazy number but I consume quite a lot of YouTube content on the daily. More than I do TV content.

MattCommand1

On sabbatical
TubeBuddy Pro
Trusted User
Subscriber Goal
My content taste is extremely wide, it goes across several niches. Thus I subscribe to a fairly large number of channels though I don't watch every single video they create and like @Tito Tim I go through my list every year or so to see who hasn't uploaded in a long time and assume the channel is dead and unsubscribe. I only sub to a handful of friends and mostly because I actually watch their content from time to time if it interests me at the time. Just over 400 channel. It's a crazy number but I consume quite a lot of YouTube content on the daily. More than I do TV content.

The YT community thanks you for your viewership! :)

Since I created my most recent channel, I too have become much more of a consumer of YT for both personal and professional reasons. I also feel good that I can genuinely support fellow Youtubers with my viewership & subscribe.