• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Need Advice Embedding Videos (On social media) Good or Bad?

MediaMan

Very Well-Known Member
I can present my youtube channels to alot of users on Facebook, but I was wondering how those views affect the YT algorithm. Anyone know? Do the views still count, even if the viewer doesn't have a YT account? Thx.

MattCommand1

On sabbatical
TubeBuddy Pro
Trusted User
Subscriber Goal
I've been told by a Derral Eves protege (maybe even Derral himself if I remember correctly) that randomly sharing videos outside of the YT ecosystem is generally bad because casual viewers will click on a video a few seconds and jump ship hurting your retention.

People on YT INTEND to be on YT. Yes, they can click and jump ship but not as bad as FB users, for example. FB users don't generally view longer videos so they are not ideal for long-form content to begin with.

The most I will tell anyone outside of YT is mention the name of my channel or perhaps a link to my channel, but NEVER a direct link to a video.

There are some exceptions to this that I would consider but no way I am sharing my YT videos randomly.

As far as I am concerned, FB is amongst the lowest priority platform for me when it comes to providing content. I will sooner post on IG or Tiktok than put time into FB posts.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: MediaMan