• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Tips A different way to start a new channel

Ater

Very Well-Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
I just wanted to share a "different" way I have been starting a new channel.

The situation is that I have been studding at the university while working full time during the last few years. That have seriously limited the amount of hours I have been able to spend on creating videos. But at the same time I have been wanting to start up a second channel. I know that it's something I want to do when I'm done with the University and get more spare time.

But way wait? Some could say a dead channel is a bad channel and will make it harder when you actually start working on it for real. But I though screw that and created the channel back in the autumn of 2020. The channel is tutorial focused inside a specific niche using my native language. I managed to upload a few videos during 2020, just three videos during 2021 and not a single one during 2022. The result? During the last 28 days the channel got 3.6k views and 25 new subs. During the last 365 days I have 1.5k watch hours and the channel now have 453 subscribers.

Why is this relevant? Well I will soon be done with the university. Sometime during 2023 I will finally be able to focus on the side project channel. Instead of starting from scratch I will probably have 500+ subs and around 1.4-1.7k watch hours which means I'll be taking a short cut to monetization only needing 50% of the new subs and watch hours a new channel normally needs.

Have any of you started a new channel in a similar way? Or another way that is a bit off the norm?

zonaxxx

трябва да имаш 1000 абоната независимо от кога публикуваш видео. Но 4000 часа гледане трябва да имате събрани за последната 1 година.

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
We have a couple guys in our fishing/hunting community who also do boating project and how-to videos... and as much fun as it may be to film a fishing video the views that come with these project videos blow their vlogs out of the water. It's an underserved niche.

• Love
Reactions: Ater and Damon

Damon

Trusted User
Trusted User
www.blackwarriorlures.com
Subscriber Goal
@Stanley | Team TB I have a boat project I'm about to start this week. A friend at church is giving me his grand dad's fishing boat. Plan to turn it into an economy river runner. Just think of all the affiliate links you can do.

Also I love Andrew St. Pierre White's channel. He builds off-road trucks then drives them across deserts and other crazy adventures. He'll sell off the truck, then build another one. He has a cool relationship with a friend who own a truck shop. It's almost like hot rod TV for overlanding.

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
@Stanley | Team TB I have a boat project I'm about to start this week. A friend at church is giving me his grand dad's fishing boat. Plan to turn it into an economy river runner. Just think of all the affiliate links you can do.

Also I love Andrew St. Pierre White's channel. He builds off-road trucks then drives them across deserts and other crazy adventures. He'll sell off the truck, then build another one. He has a cool relationship with a friend who own a truck shop. It's almost like hot rod TV for overlanding.
Oh man that guy sounds awesome, never heard of him but I will definitely check him out! And yeah, you absolutely should take advantage of the affiliate links with the boat... there is a lot of opportunity available with that and an active, under-served community of people looking for your insight on how to do it as well as what they need to buy in order to do it themselves.

• Love
Reactions: Damon

SeanieGBaby

Subscriber Goal
What do you guys think about me getting my workouts on video? Probably I good idea, I just wanted to hear from you.

Reactions: Damon

Damon

Trusted User
Trusted User
www.blackwarriorlures.com
Subscriber Goal
Well, the thing you have to ask: Where is the value for your audience. Is there value in watching you workout? There could be. I don't know your audience. I suspect the true value is in helping others learn how to workout, better their workouts, or better their health and wellness.

lonelytalks

Recognized Member
I think this idea works for very specific channels like tutorials and how to channels where users can come back and check it out the technique which is good. Doesn't work for all niches in my opinion. But the good thing is that anyone can try it out to see if it works for them.

Reactions: Ater