• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube SEO How Often are Y'all Changing Video Thumbnails and Titles?

click in

Subscriber Goal
Hey, all. I've been revamping my channel titles and thumbnails for videos that have slowed down in performance, and I'm constantly tweaking them. This leads me to wonder... how often do y'all change your titles and thumbnails? Is it bad to change things every few days as you think of new ideas? I haven't noticed a negative to this yet but I'm not huge so it's hard to tell for sure.

Damon

Trusted User
Trusted User
www.blackwarriorlures.com
Subscriber Goal
I almost never change them. Although, it is good practice to split test and see what works. However, I would not change things every few days. In the long run, you really won't know how a video performs for another two or three years.

Reactions: click in
OP
OP
click in

click in

Subscriber Goal
I almost never change them. Although, it is good practice to split test and see what works. However, I would not change things every few days. In the long run, you really won't know how a video performs for another two or three years.
A few years is a good point I never considered that it takes THAT long before we see a video's full performance. Good insight!

Reactions: Damon

Success is The Goal

Subscriber Goal
Hey, all. I've been revamping my channel titles and thumbnails for videos that have slowed down in performance, and I'm constantly tweaking them. This leads me to wonder... how often do y'all change your titles and thumbnails? Is it bad to change things every few days as you think of new ideas? I haven't noticed a negative to this yet but I'm not huge so it's hard to tell for sure.
I change one or the other, or both, and then leave them alone for at least 2 weeks to see the results. I've been trying to do this with older videos to see if I can stir up some interest.

Reactions: click in
OP
OP
click in

click in

Subscriber Goal
I change one or the other, or both, and then leave them alone for at least 2 weeks to see the results. I've been trying to do this with older videos to see if I can stir up some interest.
Yes! I think it's best to do with videos that are stagnant or older. Newer videos it might be detrimental to change often.