• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Question How much to charge to do a video product review?

ddhamilt7

Subscriber Goal
Well this is kinda cool!

After I made a video the other day (was a short actually) a startup reached up to me and wants me to review their product, and they want to pay me to do it. It is a bio-hacker type of product that is electronic and helps someone relax (My channel is around personal development / mental health / life coaching)

Besides allowing me an affiliate link, they are asking me what my prices are for a video review...I have no idea really what to charge for it. It's my first one.

Anyone know of what's common to charge, or a reference guide...or have experience with this?

• Love
Reactions: Damon

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
Man that is a tough call, especially where you are at. This is an easy conversation for channels under 1k subscribers (who are not monetized). Take an average CPM rate (maybe $10?) and apply this to the average amount of views you get for a video and then charge based on that. For a channel with +25,000 subs I would say you go for something closer to what is more of an industry standard; ~$300 per 30 seconds of integration or $1,000 - $2,000 for a full, dedicated video.

You are right in the middle of that. If it was me (and we are of similar channel size) I would be aiming for around $250 for a dedicated video. Afraid I do not have an actual resource to point you at though. I know Social Bluebook offers info on what you are 'worth,' but you have to pay to get that info.

Reactions: Damon and ddhamilt7
OP
OP
ddhamilt7

ddhamilt7

Subscriber Goal
Thanks mucho for the response! I just sent off the $250 pricing, so we'll see how that goes.

They said they have a flex budget so we'll see. I have some flex too, and probably would be fun anyways.

Nothin' But Gadgets

Recognized Member
TubeBuddy Pro
The way I look at it is like this. Whether I am a small or big channel, the work to do the video is still the same for me. How much I charge is based on the complexity of the video they want me to produce. I ask for a script of the video they are asking for and then sit down and estimate the amount of time it would realistically take for me to produce that video (shooting, editing, publishing, SEO, etc.) Then I tell them how much time I think it will take for me to produce the video based on their script and ask for $75 an hour plus expenses.

Reactions: ddhamilt7
OP
OP
ddhamilt7

ddhamilt7

Subscriber Goal
Thanks again for your feedback...they took my offer of $250 no objection! Plus I'll get affiliate commission on my link.

Not bad for a first accidental experiment!

Man that is a tough call, especially where you are at. This is an easy conversation for channels under 1k subscribers (who are not monetized). Take an average CPM rate (maybe $10?) and apply this to the average amount of views you get for a video and then charge based on that. For a channel with +25,000 subs I would say you go for something closer to what is more of an industry standard; ~$300 per 30 seconds of integration or $1,000 - $2,000 for a full, dedicated video.

You are right in the middle of that. If it was me (and we are of similar channel size) I would be aiming for around $250 for a dedicated video. Afraid I do not have an actual resource to point you at though. I know Social Bluebook offers info on what you are 'worth,' but you have to pay to get that info.

• Love
Reactions: Stanley | Team TB

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
Thanks again for your feedback...they took my offer of $250 no objection! Plus I'll get affiliate commission on my link.

Not bad for a first accidental experiment!
Hey!!! Nice!!! Congratulations sir that's awesome!!!

Reactions: ddhamilt7