• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Help Blocked video, no way to edit music out

Mike Sarris

Subscriber Goal
I've got a video that YouTube blocked worldwide due to music. I had the same issue with another video, edited the song out, and the video was available. This recent video doesn't give me an option to edit the song out, it's there, but can't be clicked on. I've asked YouTube for help twice now in the last month with no answer. How do you get YouTube to reply?

BraveStar

Life ain't no Nintendo Game
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I've got a video that YouTube blocked worldwide due to music. I had the same issue with another video, edited the song out, and the video was available. This recent video doesn't give me an option to edit the song out, it's there, but can't be clicked on. I've asked YouTube for help twice now in the last month with no answer. How do you get YouTube to reply?

How did you go about contacting YouTube?

Reactions: Mike Sarris
OP
OP
Mike Sarris

Mike Sarris

Subscriber Goal
Have you tried muting the video via an editing app? I use youcut and am able to mute sound then add my own sound or stock sounds
If I hadn't pulled an idiot move and deleted the final edit of the video, I'd do just that. The only full-size copy is on YouTube due to that boneheaded move on my part.

• Sad
Reactions: Daintydame

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
If I hadn't pulled an idiot move and deleted the final edit of the video, I'd do just that. The only full-size copy is on YouTube due to that boneheaded move on my part.
You can download the video from YouTube and then re-edit that finalized file, you can also use the YouTube video editor to mute a section of the video.

OP
OP
Mike Sarris

Mike Sarris

Subscriber Goal
I've tried the YouTube editor multiple times with no luck. The option for editing out the section (Or muting it) is there, but not selectable for some reason. And I downloaded the video, but it's a reduced size from the original. Any idea how to download what I actually uploaded?

OP
OP
Mike Sarris

Mike Sarris

Subscriber Goal
Try Clipgrab...............

I finally figured out how to get it from YouTube full-sized, but thanks.

BTW, I resolved the issue with zero help from YouTube. I deleted it and reuploaded it. Been up for almost three weeks now, with ZERO copyright issues...and it's loaded with '80s rock throughout the video!

Reactions: Bulltahr