• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Help What are ways you guys grow as a gaming channel?

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
I have considered doing one for fun, and although I have never pulled the trigger on it I do have some insight into what I would do were I to start.

1. Pick a game that is coming out and focus your entire channel on that game. You can branch out later, but if you want to grow your channel you want to start with a laser-focused target audience.

2. Get real creative with your approach. You can be the Authority on the game and help others with tips/tricks and advice as to how to do everything in that game or you can have an entertainment approach. If you go with the latter you really need to figure out something unique that will set you apart from the rest of the pack.

3. Lean heavily into your personality. There are a lot of options out there for who viewers are going to want to watch play this game. They may find you because of the game, but they are going to stay (i.e. subscribe) because of your personality.

4. Get creative with your marketing. Go hang up fliers around town/school/Gamestop etc. Buy a $12 ad in the local newspaper. I would buy a stack of ad-card and put them in the table-top holders at the bars around town. Put a sign in your front yard and one of those magnet ads for your car.

These are just a few of the things that I would suggest off the top of my head, but I did write an entire article on this subject a while back. In case you are interested: https://community.tubebuddy.com/index.php?threads/35932/

click in

Subscriber Goal
Consistency and sticking with a niche thatΓÇÖs inside a niche are key ways IΓÇÖve learned. IΓÇÖm no expert but IΓÇÖve spent some time the past few weeks reading and watching videos on growth specifically in gaming, and since there are so many gaming channels a niche isnΓÇÖt enough. A niche within a niche is key.

In my case, IΓÇÖm going through the Resident Evil and Final Fantasy games for the first time and using that as my schtick. In all honesty I donΓÇÖt think thatΓÇÖs niche enough but thatΓÇÖs the content I want to make so whatever happens to my channel, happens :)

But if youΓÇÖre really dedicated to growth I think itΓÇÖs worth spending days or even weeks trying to think of a deep, deep niche that you can commit to and that will help you grow.