• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Question Help with my channel keep getting denied

MrKouaVang

Hello everyone, my name is Koua Vang. My YouTube channel is MrKouaVang. I keep getting denied into the YouTube program. It says that IΓÇÖm using someone elseΓÇÖs content as my own when I donΓÇÖt think I am. I mainly upload Daily life and travel videos when I can. I also upload gaming videos from my PlayStation. My gamer tag on there is KouaVang. I also upload choices the game gameplay on my channel. Every character I play I always change their name to my name. If anyone can help me figure out why I keep getting denied and what I can do to get approved next time. Thanks.

HereΓÇÖs a link to my channel
https://youtube.com/c/MrKouaVang

MediaMan

Very Well-Known Member
It says that IΓÇÖm using someone elseΓÇÖs content as my own when I donΓÇÖt think I am.

wow...you must have close to 800+ videos in the past 3-4 months. Out of all those videos, which ones were made from your original content and not taken from some video game? I've read where some channels are having issues with using game footage from Nintendo, Capcom and others. Perhaps the titles with "WWE", "NBA", etc, are causing issues for your channel But wow....that's alot...of....videos in a very short amount of time.

OP
OP
M

MrKouaVang

wow...you must have close to 800+ videos in the past 3-4 months. Out of all those videos, which ones were made from your original content and not taken from some video game? I've read where some channels are having issues with using game footage from Nintendo, Capcom and others. Perhaps the titles with "WWE", "NBA", etc, are causing issues for your channel But wow....that's alot...of....videos in a very short amount of time.
If the gameplay is from my own PlayStation, isnΓÇÖt it technically my own original content since itΓÇÖll fall under fair use? IΓÇÖm not uploading other peopleΓÇÖs gameplay. Thanks for the reply. I just donΓÇÖt know how other gamers get monetized

Tito Tim

DecoratedPoster
TubeBuddy Star
titotim.com
If the gameplay is from my own PlayStation, isnΓÇÖt it technically my own original content since itΓÇÖll fall under fair use? IΓÇÖm not uploading other peopleΓÇÖs gameplay. Thanks for the reply. I just donΓÇÖt know how other gamers get monetized
If I play a song on my PC and record it... is it original content? No.
To make it fair use, you need to do something with it, change it, add commentary, something. Then it is still up to the particular gaming company to claim it or not. It does seem odd that some gaming channels seemingly have no issues, and others get hit with claims, but no one said life (or YT) is fair.

Reactions: MediaMan
OP
OP
M

MrKouaVang

If I play a song on my PC and record it... is it original content? No.
To make it fair use, you need to do something with it, change it, add commentary, something. Then it is still up to the particular gaming company to claim it or not. It does seem odd that some gaming channels seemingly have no issues, and others get hit with claims, but no one said life (or YT) is fair.
Got you! Thanks! Yeah IΓÇÖm kind of mad that some channels get it and then I donΓÇÖt for the same thing. Thanks for the reply

MattCommand1

On sabbatical
TubeBuddy Pro
Trusted User
Subscriber Goal
Hello everyone, my name is Koua Vang. My YouTube channel is MrKouaVang. I keep getting denied into the YouTube program. It says that IΓÇÖm using someone elseΓÇÖs content as my own when I donΓÇÖt think I am. I mainly upload Daily life and travel videos when I can. I also upload gaming videos from my PlayStation. My gamer tag on there is KouaVang. I also upload choices the game gameplay on my channel. Every character I play I always change their name to my name. If anyone can help me figure out why I keep getting denied and what I can do to get approved next time. Thanks.

You are not getting approved because your videos do match your claims. You say you mainly upload daily life and travel videos. I don't see very much of that. I looked very hard. I just see lots of recorded videos of gameplay with no commentary, no reaction, or any value add. Even your thumbnails seem to be straight screenshots of the games you play.

Youtube wants creators to make a substantial contribution to the product in order to get authorization to monetize. Simply turning on your screen recorder while you play you a game is not much of a creator value-add.

You mentioned in another post "fair use". You need to do more reading OUTSIDE of this forum. Fair use probably has little to do with YT declining you at this point. If copyright infringement becomes a real issue with all your gameplays, your entire channel will be shut down. You won't have a channel at all. YouTube is being much more discriminating who gets monetized.

All this stuff I see where people are shorts-spamming, lifting other people's content, video spamming, using stock photos for entire videos, generic slides as video content, "ai generated" videos, and screen recording with no value-add are all dead-end strategies.

You will probably have to remove most of your recorded game videos where you did not add value. Otherwise, you will continue to get rejected.

MattCommand1

On sabbatical
TubeBuddy Pro
Trusted User
Subscriber Goal

You can't be sure which gamers are getting monetized or not. Looking at your channel, one could assume you are monetizing since you have over 1K subscribers. Most of the reputable gaming channels I've seen provide value add. They are commenting, their face is on screen, they are adding effects, doing re-edits, creating thumbnails, etc.. Reputable gaming channels are not just doing recording straight game play and throwing them up with no thumbnail or creator value-add.

MattCommand1

On sabbatical
TubeBuddy Pro
Trusted User
Subscriber Goal

There are a lot of uninformed "creators" throwing up lots of videos trying to win by sheer overwhelming numbers vs doing some strategic thinking.

Other people are trying to throw up hundreds of near-empty shorts in an effort to spike their subscriber numbers. They think that those so-called subscribers will suddenly convert to watching long-form videos. I am HIGHLY skeptical.