• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Question YouTube category

Awake Ph Yoga

TubeBuddy Star
Hello Everyone,
I create yoga classes on YouTube (Awake Ph Yoga). The category section (on advanced settings) does not have "Fitness or Health & Wellness".
So I chose "How to & Style". Did I choose correctly? Will that affect my views?

Same thing with the other channel I created where I discuss about meditation & mindfulness (Awake Ph) but since I am unsure of the category, I left it blank.
Is there a better way of doing this?

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
That's fine... YouTube doesn't really index videos by category much any more. They do; but this will only affect discovery for the very small group of viewers who are searching for a video and select a category as part of their search parameters. YouTube's Search and Discovery System's are based almost entirely on viewer satisfaction, demographics, viewing habits and video performance.

• Wow
Reactions: Awake Ph Yoga
OP
OP
Awake Ph Yoga

Awake Ph Yoga

TubeBuddy Star
That's fine... YouTube doesn't really index videos by category much any more. They do; but this will only affect discovery for the very small group of viewers who are searching for a video and select a category as part of their search parameters. YouTube's Search and Discovery System's are based almost entirely on viewer satisfaction, demographics, viewing habits and video performance.

Ohhh ok thank you so much for the input. Appreciate the clarification.

Reactions: Stanley | Team TB