• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Question video reposting

BraveStar

Life ain't no Nintendo Game
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
can i repost a youtube from another channel to my channel?

You mean as in taking someone else video and uploading it to your channels? That's basically copyright infringement. The owner will be notified and a strike will likely happen on your channel.

Now, if you're using the content as a review, a reaction or something like that then that's different and even then copyright infringement can still happen.

OP
OP
wiiix

wiiix

TubeBuddy User
what if i download the video and edit the video any hope?

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
That can still be considered 're-used content,' and since it was already published elsewhere )regardless of whether it was publish on a channel you own or not) the new channel is the one that will get hit with a 'reused content' flag. I am not even sure if that goes away if you delete the old video.

Technically you can reuse the same clips and completely start over with new music, editing. b-roll etc. But the new video will need to be something that is actually different than the original. The worst part about this is that you'll never know if YouTube considers this re-used content or not until you go to monetize your channel and they turn you down based on the content being reused.

chase199c

TubeBuddy Pro
So if I'm using a clip or two to demonstrate a product will that still be copyright infringement? Or should I ask for permission first.
I don't want to throw up any red flags.