• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Opinion What If The Goal Is To Just Make Money?

MediaMan

Very Well-Known Member
I posted this thread is an extension of a discussion in another thread about the youtube channel "ALLinWithAri" and the possibility she's just playing the system......very well.

Yes, she is attractive, yes, she grifted, but there is something to be learned of the COMBINATION of factors that led to a perfect storm. There is the emotional sob story as well as tapping into the vanlife and livingingyourcar phenomena as well.

In Ari's case I think she played her role as "a victim of society" perfectly. Combine that with an attractive woman, very well spoken delivery of content, clever use of buzzwords, hashtags, etc. (She more than likely has an IT friend helping her behind the scenes.) And the potential perfect storm is launched.

But enough about Ari, for shitz and giggles, let's talk about gaming youtube for just the idea of making money. Here's what I've learned the past month or so researching, there seems to be 3 primary ways to get monetized fairly quickly. Imop...these 3 are:

1) Setting up a channel where you show some skin. You don't have to be super attractive, just willing to pose in various skimpy outfits doing daily activities like house chores, farming, hunting, fishing, yoga, dancing, etc, you get the point.

2) Acting like a fool and doing things that make people cringe, laugh, etc. Human nature, we love to see people doing stupid things.

3) Regardless if the story is real or scripted, but having a channel where you present a sad situation and document the journey can have a profound effect on people. This is the classic "donate to help me" channel. So many fail at these, but plan it out right, and you just might be the next rags to riches story. Tip: Always "say" you're donating most if not all of the money you get to other people who need help. ;)

Am I missing some other types of channels that can grow quickly? Maybe some kind of political, news, weather, "emergency" channel? I have seen a few channels that have a very smart, articulate host bitching about "the world" on a daily basis, those can do well too.

How do you feel about those types of channels? Have you ever considered developing one of those channels? If the goal is just to make money.....why not? ;) lol..

BraveStar

Life ain't no Nintendo Game
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Well... Let be start by saying I am not entirely sure of the purpose of this post. You seem to tackle different topics not necessarily related to one another or direct correlation between thing other than they are all content found on YouTube. However, I'll see if I can respond to, at the very least, that last part of the post.

I started my first YouTube channel with the intention of making money. The goal of the average content creator. I decided to go with gaming because I was already into gaming and although I originally wanted to be a tech reviewer it just wasn't for me cause I couldn't even afford cheap hardware at the time. Most everyone starts channels with the sole purpose of monetizing. It's rare to see someone do it for the fun of making content and nothing more.

Now, how do I feel about these kinds of channels? I don't actually care. As long as they follow the rules, if they make content someone enjoys so be it.

Now, as for Ari gaming the system, sounds to me like you're complaining that she has an edge you don't have about something everyone does on YouTube. Sure, women use their sex appeal to grow their viewership but that's their prerogative. Rich people use their huge bank accounts to get the best equipment, to hire the best editors and to create the best productions. Top gamers use their gaming skills kick *** in games and get viewers to watch them do it. We all use what we have.

This is my 2 cents.

OP
OP
M

MediaMan

Very Well-Known Member
sounds to me like you're complaining that she has an edge you don't have

yah, my op was a bit scattered, but in response to this... not at all. I'm actually impressed all to hell she has managed to fake her way to a lot of money. And that's the point of the thread, if you're just in it for the money there's a complete different mindset you can have. I'm doing some experiments as I type this and will respond later with some results.

Mikaljohn4670

1) Setting up a channel where you show some skin. You don't have to be super attractive, just willing to pose in various skimpy outfits doing daily activities like house chores, farming, hunting, fishing, yoga, dancing, etc, you get the point.
Yup right, I am very fond of hunting and I really like to know anything about hunting like hunting Axes, hunting knife and hunting locations.

Last edited:
Reactions: Damon

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
Yup right, I am very fond of hunting and I really like to know anything about hunting like hunting Axes, hunting knife and hunting locations.
Hey fellow outdoorsman! Don't know if you'd be interested or not but we have a great community of hunting/fishing channels... if you'd be interested in a community of like minded creators send me a DM and I'll give you a link to our Discord and some other resources.

Reactions: Damon

AronS

Subscriber Goal
focus on posting good quality content. Money is just a bonus.

AzadaliMali

It's interesting to discuss the different strategies people use to make money on YouTube. While some may criticize those tactics, it's essential to remember that the platform offers various avenues for content creators to thrive and monetize their channels. If you're looking for ways to make some extra cash, I recommend exploring passive income opportunities. It's a smart approach to generate money without actively trading your time for it. There are plenty of resources available that provide tips and insights. As for those types of channels you mentioned, they definitely attract attention and can generate substantial viewership. However, it's important to consider the long-term sustainability and personal fulfillment of creating content that aligns with your interests and values.

Last edited:

nathifa80

I posted this thread is an extension of a discussion in another thread about the youtube channel "ALLinWithAri" and the possibility she's just playing the system......very well.

In Ari's case I think she played her role as "a victim of society" perfectly. Combine that with an attractive woman, very well spoken delivery of content, clever use of buzzwords, hashtags, etc. (She more than likely has an IT friend helping her behind the scenes.) And the potential perfect storm is launched.

But enough about Ari, for shitz and giggles, let's talk about gaming youtube for just the idea of making money. Here's what I've learned the past month or so researching, there seems to be 3 primary ways to get monetized fairly quickly. Imop...these 3 are:

2) Acting like a fool and doing things that make people cringe, laugh, etc. Human nature, we love to see people doing stupid things.

3) Regardless if the story is real or scripted, but having a channel where you present a sad situation and document the journey can have a profound effect on people. This is the classic "donate to help me" channel. So many fail at these, but plan it out right, and you just might be the next rags to riches story. Tip: Always "say" you're donating most if not all of the money you get to other people who need help. ;)

Am I missing some other types of channels that can grow quickly? Maybe some kind of political, news, weather, "emergency" channel? I have seen a few channels that have a very smart, articulate host bitching about "the world" on a daily basis, those can do well too.

How do you feel about those types of channels? Have you ever considered developing one of those channels? If the goal is just to make money.....why not? ;) lol..By the way, if you're looking for diverse investment opportunities beyond YouTube, you might want to explore the gaming sector at https://icoholder.com/en/games for potential growth avenues.
Yeah! Starting out without the means for hardware, gaming became a more viable choice. Most creators embark on this path for monetization, rare is the one purely driven by the joy of content creation.

Last edited:
Reactions: byyzeroh

UlterMonster

Familiar Member
TubeBuddy Star
Subscriber Goal
Everyone has different reason for doing this long road all that matters is that you make content people enjoy

bismuth

Well... If the goal is just to make money, then the approach and strategies can be quite different from those pursued for other reasons, such as passion, social impact, or personal fulfillment.