• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Video Review Is it engaging enough?

Sir Palepaw

User name: Sir Palepaw
Title of thread: Is it engaging enough?
Self review: I put a lot more time than I care to admit into experimenting with this particular video, from choosing the font for the text to choosing what content to cut out. I even decided to design my own hook to try and get as many viewers interested in the beginning as possible. So, I'd like to know what you folks think of my work. Did I use too much or not enough text? How did I do with the editing? Can you hear my voice clear enough? Did it feel like the video was dragging on in any way? I think any criticism anyone can give will be a big help to improving my content in the future. Even if this video is overshadowed by others due to high competition, I think I'll just be happy if it's good, because if it is, then I can imagine it will do quite well over time and hopefully collect interest in the other videos for the series that I plan on making. Oh, and one more thing. I am going to continue my God of War 3 let's play too, it'll just be alongside this series as well.
Channel review or Video review? Video review

Link to Video:
View: https://youtu.be/gHQ8BW0wKoo

Link to other review post: https://community.tubebuddy.com/index.php?threads/51184/

MediaMan

Very Well-Known Member
There are so...many.... game channels like this, game footage and a plethora of word salad. My only comment is you should consider adding....YOU to the videos. Let's see you reacting, commenting, etc, as you play, review, etc. That would go a long way in helping your videos get an emotional reaction from viewers who then may watch longer or subscribe. Not saying you can't succeed doing what you're doing as is, just saying you're up against probably 1000s or even 100s of 1000s of similar channels and they are all competing for a very similar viewing demographic. So it becomes a never ending SEO battle for views with probably very slow subscriber growth.

OP
OP
Sir Palepaw

Sir Palepaw

IΓÇÖd like to apologize for the removal of the video. I wanted to polish it a little more before uploading it to YouTube again. This time IΓÇÖll see about a better thumbnail and do some SEO research, and maybe even add some more text like Stanley suggested. (Thanks btw, Stanley. I appreciate the insight you gave to me about my SEO skills and the text stuff!)

BraveStar

Life ain't no Nintendo Game
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
IΓÇÖd like to apologize for the removal of the video. I wanted to polish it a little more before uploading it to YouTube again. This time IΓÇÖll see about a better thumbnail and do some SEO research, and maybe even add some more text like Stanley suggested. (Thanks btw, Stanley. I appreciate the insight you gave to me about my SEO skills and the text stuff!)

You can always edit the post and change the link to the video to solve the problem.