• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Question Video processing takes longer than expected

DaveWinner

I have uploaded my first video 2 days ago, it has no restrictions but the processing takes longer than expected. It still formatting from SD to HD. Please, what to do?

OP
OP
D

DaveWinner

Sometimes it is fast, sometimes slow. I have never found any rhyme or reason to it.
I've never faced that before, my video has not been published yet. That bothers me. It might be because this video is too heavy (3.49Go) and lasts 1hour and 37mn. What do you think?

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
As a little tip YouTube does favor 4k content. It gets a slight bump in the search and discovery systems... but more importantly (IMO) is that 4k uploads get a boost in the resources for processing (they get processed faster than HD videos).

Personally I don't think this should matter; I am a firm believer in that you should be batching your content and uploading as Private/Unlisted for a couple days before you ever intend to publish (if not more).

OP
OP
D

DaveWinner

As a little tip YouTube does favor 4k content. It gets a slight bump in the search and discovery systems... but more importantly (IMO) is that 4k uploads get a boost in the resources for processing (they get processed faster than HD videos).

Personally I don't think this should matter; I am a firm believer in that you should be batching your content and uploading as Private/Unlisted for a couple days before you ever intend to publish (if not more).
Finally my video has been published. I had to remove some links I added in the video description, delete the video then uploading again. The issue was the shorten links format that Youtube didn't approve I think.

Stanley | Team TB

Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
I'm not understanding any perceived benefit from having a video private/unlisted for a few days. Care to explain? Thx.

If you upload as Unlisted for 72 hours before you publish the video it gives YouTube a chance to run it through their Ad-Check system. So if for any reason the video gets a yellow check or demonitized/copyrighted etc you'll know before it is public. Of course if you have a schedule set up to where you can upload your video in advance it also gives you the time needed to do all of the behind-the-scenes work without stressing as much as well (chapters, translations, keyword research and/or optimization etc).

Reactions: MediaMan
OP
OP
D

DaveWinner

Can you explain "I am a firm believer in that you should be batching your content and uploading as Private/Unlisted for a couple days before you ever intend to publish..."? It could be a new trick that I don't know

Stanley | Team TB

Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
Can you explain "I am a firm believer in that you should be batching your content and uploading as Private/Unlisted for a couple days before you ever intend to publish..."? It could be a new trick that I don't know
If you upload as Unlisted for 72 hours before you publish the video it gives YouTube a chance to run it through their Ad-Check system. So if for any reason the video gets a yellow check or demonitized/copyrighted etc you'll know before it is public. Of course if you have a schedule set up to where you can upload your video in advance it also gives you the time needed to do all of the behind-the-scenes work without stressing as much as well (chapters, translations, keyword research and/or optimization etc).

Tito Tim

DecoratedPoster
TubeBuddy Star
titotim.com
I do it too. I used to get yellow icons all the time, but all disputes were settled in my favor. Uploading in advance, as unlisted, gave YT and me time to work it out. I no longer get the yellow icons but now I batch a lot of videos, so I may upload 3 or 4 at a time. I schedule them for release. It makes my workflow easier. And if it is sitting there scheduled for a week, they can take as long as they need to process it.