• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Question Why did my channel suddenly tank?

Puzzling Game

About 24 hours ago, my youtube channel just stopped getting views. Every video on the channel! I had made no changes of any kind. It just happened out of the blue. Can anyone tell me why or what I can do? Take a look at the attached photo of a 48-view count. Please help me. Thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_7554.PNG
    IMG_7554.PNG
    960.7 KB · Views: 115

Cocinando con Ampy

TubeBuddy Legend
linktr.ee
Subscriber Goal
Si, Media Man, tiene Razón Juego desconcertante. Revisa tu contenido y fíjate en los pequeños detalles… busca contenido original y no te preocupes, ahora en estas fechas de verano las visualizaciones suelen bajar mucho. No te desanimes, sigue para adelante y verás que remontas … Un saludo y bienvenido a TubeBuddy

Reactions: Moochy

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
For the top three videos in that picture, what are the top three traffic sources for each? I assume the top traffic source will be the same for all of them and if it is Suggested then what is the top video suggesting these videos?

If your content is beholden to another video for a lot of Suggested traffic then anything that happens to that video is going to have a direct impact on the performance of your video as well.

RobbyJBI

TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-09-20 at 07.24.08.png
    Screen Shot 2022-09-20 at 07.24.08.png
    83.8 KB · Views: 84
  • Screen Shot 2022-09-20 at 07.32.23.png
    Screen Shot 2022-09-20 at 07.32.23.png
    38.8 KB · Views: 89
  • Screen Shot 2022-09-20 at 07.32.36.png
    Screen Shot 2022-09-20 at 07.32.36.png
    39.8 KB · Views: 87

Stanley | Team TB

Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
Suggest video, this is my analytic
Ok, these screenshots reflect that you do have traffic from various sources and there is obviously a big drop at the beginning of that first graph. But you have not shown us which traffic source is the one that dropped. Or was it an individual video that was driving the majority of your traffic and then the views for that single video dropped?

RobbyJBI

TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
Ok, these screenshots reflect that you do have traffic from various sources and there is obviously a big drop at the beginning of that first graph. But you have not shown us which traffic source is the one that dropped. Or was it an individual video that was driving the majority of your traffic and then the views for that single video dropped?
It seems that judging from the last post before this I had hundreds or thousands of views in 2 or 3 days. but after that none of my videos can reach 100 views, even getting 50 views is difficult. For the traffic that has decreased the most is from suggesting video

MediaMan

Very Well-Known Member
I have the same problem, and it's been happening for 2 weeks

I don't think you have a problem, your videos only go back 3 months so you're a very new channel and if you eliminate the high and lows in your view counts, seems like all of your videos are getting similar views/growth. Just keep at it.

Stanley | Team TB

Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
Suggested traffic comes from when your video is aligned with another video and you manage to get a lot of people switching over to your video from this suggested play. When this occurs on a more popular video you will see a swell of traffic from that. Typically when this occurs the traffic comes from a single, popular video. And when that is the case what inevitably happens is that something happens to the original video. It loses it's own view velocity due to age, dying trends or maybe it gets replaced by a newer video. When this happens your video ultimately loses it's own suggested traffic as well. Another possibility is that another, better-performing video replaced yours as the one being suggested on a video like this.
Of the multiple forms of traffic on YouTube the Suggested traffic is one of the most volatile. While you are blessed with a lot of views they can disappear as quickly as they came. For this reason we do encourage creators to put some emphasis on their Search Engine Optimization (SEO). That at least will provide a solid, ever-producing foundation of views while you ride the waves of these more volatile traffic sources.