• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Channel Review New Horror Let's Player Seeking Channel Feedback

InfiniteRen

User name: InfiniteRen
Title of thread: New Horror Let's Player Seeking Channel Feedback
Self review: Hi! I'm Ren, and I post horror let's plays. I'm relatively new to consistent posting on YouTube and I'd love to know what I can do to improve my channel as a whole. Anything from thumbnails, titles, any feedback that can help me see from another person's perpective on how I can improve. I know that I can improve in many areas, as I'm new to this and haven't been creating videos for very long at all, maybe 3 months. Any outside input would be extremely appreciated, as I want nothing more than to improve and to learn new skills for the future. Thanks in advance!
Channel review or Video review? Channel review
Link to channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6k24xfPsjvv7ztTA14yUTw
Link to other review post: https://community.tubebuddy.com/index.php?threads/45505/

Avocado

TubeBuddy User
www.spreadtheavocado.com
Subscriber Goal
Hello InfiniteRen! You have a really good header. My only suggestion for your videos is to create more thumbnails with your photo in it. That makes it personal, like Mr. Beast does. If you just use in gameplay thumbnails it looks like millions of other channels. Always promote yourself as much as you promote the games. :)

I hope that helps!

Sir Palepaw

Hey Ren! I took a look at your channel, and it looks to be quite nicely made. Especially the banner and the spooky ghost on it. I'll be honest here; I don't have much in the way of criticism for your channel as you seem to be doing a lot better than I am. I do have one thing to add, but A, it's going to seem a bit hypocritical on my end (though I am working on it!) and B, it's not so much criticism as it is a suggestion for something you could do. Your content seems to lack consistency on the surface, but I imagine that's because you play a lot of short horror games. Which is why I recommend you try something longer, or even unexpected, like Subnautica! I know it definitely doesn't look like a horror game on surface level, but it successfully embodies elements of horror and terror a lot better than other games do! Plus, it's pretty fun to build bases and vehicles to explore with. If that's not something you're interested in though, I would also recommend checking out Iron Lung. It's a popular and short horror experience that I think you might find interesting. If neither of these options are appealing, (or you're reading through this again and want to get as much as you can out of a single post) there is another YouTuber you can look at who has already played quite a few horror games. He goes by the name of Kwote, and he's pretty decent at content creation as far as I've seen. Hopefully I've managed to provide at least some help to you with this post, and I know it's probably a little too late, but I'm sorry if this post is a bit too long for ya.

OP
OP
InfiniteRen

InfiniteRen

Thank you so much!!! It's funny you mention that, I'm currently uploading episode one of my first Amnesia playthough! I figured, maybe playing something more well known and renowned would be a good thing to try, instead of these incredibly obscure games that I've been covering. It's definitely something I look forward to experimenting with. Thank you for reviewing my channel!

Reactions: Sir Palepaw

MattCommand1

On sabbatical
TubeBuddy Pro
Trusted User
Subscriber Goal
My only suggestion for your videos is to create more thumbnails with your photo in it. That makes it personal, like Mr. Beast does. If you just use in gameplay thumbnails it looks like millions of other channels. Always promote yourself as much as you promote the games. :)

Totally agree!

• Love
Reactions: Avocado