• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Question Uploading shorts from Desktop PC

ddhamilt7

Subscriber Goal
Hey buddies-

So from what I've researched on making shorts, uploading them from PC and by tagging them #shorts - this is how they get into shorts rotation, correct?

It also means that they will appear in uploads on the channel and give a less quality look in Uploads section.

If we want to make shorts with fast jump cuts and broll this appears to be the only way.

Which I guess is why some are wanting to make separate channels for shorts only, but then we're missing out on subs opportunities.

Basically it's all effed up lol, trying to compete with Tiktok.

Any other solutions to this?

Wilson IS

Familiar Member
Subscriber Goal
Yes, append "#shorts" to your title description and ofcourse make them 9x16 aspect ratio.

" It also means that they will appear in uploads on the channel and give a less quality look in Uploads section. "
On desktop and mobile YT app, on my channel home page my uploads category is shown first then my shorts category is shown below that. They are not mixed together. On desktop when I click on uploads all of the videos are shown together. On the YT mobile app when I click on Videos same as desktop but you can easily click on "Videos" or "Shorts" to view those.

so I can make and edit the video from the PC normally just respecting the 9x16 aspect ratio and include #short in the title that will be sent as a short?
Think the short could only be sent by cell phone

OP
OP
ddhamilt7

ddhamilt7

Subscriber Goal
so I can make and edit the video from the PC normally just respecting the 9x16 aspect ratio and include #short in the title that will be sent as a short?

I uploaded my first short today from PC and it worked fine. Used Canva to make it