• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Answered Different tag results between app and extension

Status
Not open for further replies.

miabiwiwines

Subscriber Goal
Getting different results in the tag explorer between the app and the chrome extension.

for the keyword ΓÇ£4k resolutionΓÇ¥ it gives me a result of overall 100 with search volume also at 100 and competition score at 52.

when searching that same keyword in the chrome extension it shows as no where near as high (on my phone now but remember it being below 50 overall)

is this a known bug? Is the app the source of truth or should I follow the chrome extension?

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
The Mobile App and the Browser Extension actually use two slightly different variations of the same system for the Tag Explorer and the Keyword Explorer. There are some limitations that we face in providing analytics and 'derived data' in the actual YouTube Studio. While both are a good weathervane for where your video ranks nobody can actually tell you where you really rank at any given time. The results are just too volatile and change far too rapidly for even YouTube to be able to tell where you stand. All that having been said and in my honest opinion I put more stock in the Tag Explorer of the Mobile App. The code is a little older but the results are a little more in tune with actual standing... again this is my opinion and not a TubeBuddy sanctioned comment.

Nody | Team TB

Administrator
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
Getting different results in the tag explorer between the app and the chrome extension.

for the keyword ΓÇ£4k resolutionΓÇ¥ it gives me a result of overall 100 with search volume also at 100 and competition score at 52.

when searching that same keyword in the chrome extension it shows as no where near as high (on my phone now but remember it being below 50 overall)

is this a known bug? Is the app the source of truth or should I follow the chrome extension?

Can you please show us the screenshot of both the results,

1. Using the TubeBuddy Mobile App.
2. Using the TubeBuddy Extension on Browser - PC.

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
The Mobile App and the Browser Extension actually use two slightly different variations of the same system for the Tag Explorer and the Keyword Explorer. There are some limitations that we face in providing analytics and 'derived data' in the actual YouTube Studio. While both are a good weathervane for where your video ranks nobody can actually tell you where you really rank at any given time. The results are just too volatile and change far too rapidly for even YouTube to be able to tell where you stand. All that having been said and in my honest opinion I put more stock in the Tag Explorer of the Mobile App. The code is a little older but the results are a little more in tune with actual standing... again this is my opinion and not a TubeBuddy sanctioned comment.

Status
Not open for further replies.