• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Help Advice on changing YouTube Channel name

TerryBrock

Hello my fellow YouTubers and TubeBuddy users.

I've been using TubeBuddy for almost a year and lot it. I have the Legend level and enjoy experimenting.

Now I'm in the midst of needing to change the name of my YouTube channel. I want to keep all the content and subs but need to change the channel name. Can you send me any links or advice on how to do that best? I don't want to start with a completely new channel but want to simply change the name, have a big live event about the change, etc.

What would you recommend? Thank you very much for your comments and advice.

Terry Brock
Terry@TerryBrock.com

ddhamilt7

Subscriber Goal
This is pretty simple to do technically. The question is why do you want to change it, what's your purpose and goal?

I've changed my channel name over the last year 2x...once going from niche to personal brand, and then shifting the name of my personal brand slightly, just recently.

For the "big change" from niche to personal, all I did was make 1 video (integrated with keyword) and that was it. No big deal.

I actually don't know if/how it might "harm" a channel to change a name, though I haven't seen any ill effects since I've made the change.

The questions above from TCC are really good, and need to be answered. Your current request for help seems a bit vague to me because changing the name is easy.

QFL Jade

TubeBuddy Star
If you're asking for help on how to do or change the name of your channel it is you know it is fairly easy.

However if you are asking how you should change your name it is more a relation of how your community is and if they're focused on your content more than your name.

Like it would be very confusing at 1st if you have your first 40 videos with the certain name and then your next video releases in another name.

I would do a separate video letting the community know what could possibly happen and that the channel name may be changing within a certain amount of time