• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube News Copycatters & Aggregators Will Take Back Seat to Original Creators

MattCommand1

On sabbatical
TubeBuddy Pro
Trusted User
Subscriber Goal
It seems that Instagram has wisely decided that creators that post original content (vs. those who assemble other people's works or do reposts) will be de-prioritized.

In fact, IG is deprioritizing any TikTok reposts in a similar move that YT Shorts are doing.

In other words, IG wants to take care of creators by recommending original content not content that has been reshared and recopied many times.

Any videos with TikTok logos will automatically be deprioritized (which sounds fine by me as an original creator).

A lot of juvenile or uninformed "creators" who are so desperate to get views for the sake of views without actually creating real content are going to see their efforts wasted. As a matter of fact, I recommend that these forums focus on creators that create original content and disregard those that simply what to copy other people's TikTok videos and grow a YT channel. I want no part of that discussion nor do I want to enable it.

It seems all the major short-form platforms are adjusting their algorithms in response to unhealthy trends they see. It is unfair to reward accounts that don't create original content, they only hijack it. That is a nice change to see.

• Love
Reactions: Damon

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
It was bound to happen. One of the key-components of every platforms algorithm contains some code specific to surfacing new content. Viewers want to see the newest, most up-to-date photos and information available. Aside from the fact that all this re-used and stolen content makes the platform look bad and is in many cases completely illegal it is also harmful in that there is nothing new about any of it.

OP
OP
M

MattCommand1

On sabbatical
TubeBuddy Pro
Trusted User
Subscriber Goal
It was bound to happen. One of the key-components of every platforms algorithm contains some code specific to surfacing new content. Viewers want to see the newest, most up-to-date photos and information available. Aside from the fact that all this re-used and stolen content makes the platform look bad and is in many cases completely illegal it is also harmful in that there is nothing new about any of it.

Most of the attention in IG is IG Reels which is nearly a TikTok clone similar to YT Shorts.

I have compared the performance of my short-form vertical videos uploaded to the 3 different platforms and it is interesting to see how they perform. However, there are slight differences to how you have to title and tag them because of character limitations.

I wonder if YT and IG will start putting their watermarks on vertical videos like TikTok does?

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
Most of the attention in IG is IG Reels which is nearly a TikTok clone similar to YT Shorts.

I have compared the performance of my short-form vertical videos uploaded to the 3 different platforms and it is interesting to see how they perform. However, there are slight differences to how you have to title and tag them because of character limitations.

I wonder if YT and IG will start putting their watermarks on vertical videos like TikTok does?
Ooooh... that watermark query is interesting. I never thought about them doing that, or why they would not do it. Would be interesting to see this.

Damon

Trusted User
Trusted User
www.blackwarriorlures.com
Subscriber Goal
This is good news. So many people don't care about creative original content. They chase after wind and run over waterfalls. If they had put that effort into doing the right things over very long periods of time, they would eventually come out ahead.

For instance I just had this comment come in my channel:

Hey man...I'm just now getting started jugging for catfish this year. For my first time! I searched all over YouTube for some solid pointers on how to go about it. Black Warrior is where I always land when I'm surfing for the best info. No nonsense. Straight to the point. Everything I need without the fluff and annoying chatter that some of these other guys offer. Thanks man. You are appreciated. I hope you know that

This was a brand new comment on a video that I made five years ago. FIVE YEARS AGO! You can't buy that quality of fandom. The copycat-aggregators will never achieve this kind of success.

This kind of success can't be measures by vanity metrics like subs and views. Above is the kind of intangible "metric" that really grows your brand and builds your business.

Last edited:
Reactions: MattCommand1

TCC learncanva4yt

Known Member
TubeBuddy Star
Subscriber Goal
I love that they are putting forth the effort to reward original content. I don't utilize social media like I should, but it's good to know that if I were to create original content for my channel on Instagram that they'd prioritize it over reposts & copycats.

• Love