• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Channel Review What can I do to improve my channel?

High Stim Ace

TubeBuddy Pro
www.instagram.com
Subscriber Goal
User name: Isaachealthfitness
Title of thread: What can I do to improve my channel?
Self review: I'm a small health, fitness, and self improvement channel. I never cared for fancy effects, music, or transitions. I understand that people today have a short attention span, so I try to keep my videos to the point. However, I have a lot of knowledge and experience that can help many so its hard to find that balance in terms of keeping viewer engagement. Any feedback is appreciated. I'm not trying to be the next fitness influencer, just want to provide good genuine content.
Channel review or Video review? Channel review
Link to channel: https://youtube.com/channel/UCy0lFif28jKpZ0f-bQNgT8g
Link to other review post: https://community.tubebuddy.com/index.php?threads/49842/

David SUP

User Name ΓÇô Isaac Health and Fitness

Last 30 Days
Views2360
Subscribers128
Videos Uploaded4

Lifetime
Views23,000
Videos Uploaded96

Hey Isaac.

First very well done on your personal journey, I wish you would do a introduction video telling me about you for your channel. You have a unique view and experience which you are using for your channel. As a (New) Subscriber I know this, but for the floating viewer I wish this was featured more to allow them to buy into you and your channel.

Playlists ΓÇô Fantastic that you have these I wish you separated the workouts into Beginner, Intermediate, Advanced, Why?

If I am using a workout channel I want to find videos that are relevant to me and my situation personally I would choose beginner or low impact exercise. With your current workout Playlist itΓÇÖs a mix of levels, explanations of why youΓÇÖre doing something, advice of how to increase power etc I would love these to be their own playlists you can always embed the How to or Why we do Videos into the workout video or link it in the description.

You have Meditation as a playlist if I could be cheeky make this a separate channel you run, the Meditation channel market is crowded if you put it into a workout channel you wonΓÇÖt get a lot of cut through and if someone seeking meditation then gets moved to one of your workout videos they will click off.

You are getting a good number of Views per month but perhaps you need to remind people at the start of the video to like and subscribe. You may be missing people who are watching the video but are forgetting to subscribe.

I checked the video - $50 Weekly Grocery Haul: How to Cut on a Budget! The video is 12 mins and 11 seconds long you only ask me to like and leave a comment at 12 minute and 5 seconds. At the beginning of the video tell us what the video is about then remind them to like and comment or like and subscribe people are more likely to respond as they are actively watching.

Thumbnails most of your video thumbnails just show you they donΓÇÖt have any wording which means you are relying on my reading your title, understanding it and being interested to click. Colourful Thumbnails etc can help and thumbnails which have the title on it help draw in mobile users

Overall a Great channel with lots of potential for growth

OP
OP
High Stim Ace

High Stim Ace

TubeBuddy Pro
www.instagram.com
Subscriber Goal
User Name ΓÇô Isaac Health and Fitness

Last 30 Days
Views2360
Subscribers128
Videos Uploaded4

Lifetime
Views23,000
Videos Uploaded96

Hey Isaac.

First very well done on your personal journey, I wish you would do a introduction video telling me about you for your channel. You have a unique view and experience which you are using for your channel. As a (New) Subscriber I know this, but for the floating viewer I wish this was featured more to allow them to buy into you and your channel.

Playlists ΓÇô Fantastic that you have these I wish you separated the workouts into Beginner, Intermediate, Advanced, Why?

If I am using a workout channel I want to find videos that are relevant to me and my situation personally I would choose beginner or low impact exercise. With your current workout Playlist itΓÇÖs a mix of levels, explanations of why youΓÇÖre doing something, advice of how to increase power etc I would love these to be their own playlists you can always embed the How to or Why we do Videos into the workout video or link it in the description.

You have Meditation as a playlist if I could be cheeky make this a separate channel you run, the Meditation channel market is crowded if you put it into a workout channel you wonΓÇÖt get a lot of cut through and if someone seeking meditation then gets moved to one of your workout videos they will click off.

You are getting a good number of Views per month but perhaps you need to remind people at the start of the video to like and subscribe. You may be missing people who are watching the video but are forgetting to subscribe.

I checked the video - $50 Weekly Grocery Haul: How to Cut on a Budget! The video is 12 mins and 11 seconds long you only ask me to like and leave a comment at 12 minute and 5 seconds. At the beginning of the video tell us what the video is about then remind them to like and comment or like and subscribe people are more likely to respond as they are actively watching.

Thumbnails most of your video thumbnails just show you they donΓÇÖt have any wording which means you are relying on my reading your title, understanding it and being interested to click. Colourful Thumbnails etc can help and thumbnails which have the title on it help draw in mobile users

Overall a Great channel with lots of potential for growth

Hey there David. First of all I want to thank you for taking your time and leaving this super detailed review. This is by far the most constructive feedback I have ever received! There is so much to break down and go over, and I know that by implementing some of your suggestions, my channel would definitely improve in quality!

I will save your review on my phone and use it as reference while I restructure my channel in the coming days.

I just have one question. What do you think about the channel name itself? In my opinion it's too basic and doesn't stand out or grab any attention. I've been wanting to rebrand it entirely, but it's hard to find something good that isn't already taken. In your opinion, is the name okay as is, or do I need something a bit more flashy?

TCC learncanva4yt

Known Member
TubeBuddy Star
Subscriber Goal
I wanted to give you 3 things that you could potentially work on that aren't even focused in at a video level. I hope they help.
  1. I wanted to give you a little feedback about your channel banner since my channel focuses on how to use Canva for YouTube. You may not be using Canva, but that's okay. I looked your channel up on my phone and I could NOT read that lower line below Isaac Health & Fitness. You may want to consider using a sans serif font for become the very best version of yourself and consider using white without the neon effect. It wil stand out against the background better and be very easy to read. You may also want to consider putting your own image as large as you can on the banner instead of the animation version of you. Just my two cents though. I have a faceless channel so I don't have a "me" on my banner, but since you have you in yours - your potential audience may connect to you faster if your image is in the backround all - confident and the best version of you.

2. For your about section. A few small tweaks may help you a bit as well. I would change would be the section where it says this channel is meant to help everyday people ....

I think I would say instead ....

Are you struggling with losing weight? I want to help you create habits that result in a healthier version of yourself. It's never to late to start, but how about starting today.

3. Playlists. Make sure you write a description for your playlists. This can help people FIND your videos even better. Use terminolgoy that beginners might use to search for those videos within that playlist in your description. :)

QFL Jade

TubeBuddy Star
One thing that I say that you could work on is worrying about the thumbnails a little bit more they're very intriguing thumbnails but I would add a little bit more variety in them instead of just being pretty much photos of yourself or another person.

As it may have been stated I would recommend changing up the description to involve a little bit more about what you hope to do with the channel.

Another thing that I have noticed is very low SEO scores and I would personally recommend using the SEO optimization tool within TubeBuddy to help boost those scores

OP
OP
High Stim Ace

High Stim Ace

TubeBuddy Pro
www.instagram.com
Subscriber Goal
One thing that I say that you could work on is worrying about the thumbnails a little bit more they're very intriguing thumbnails but I would add a little bit more variety in them instead of just being pretty much photos of yourself or another person.

As it may have been stated I would recommend changing up the description to involve a little bit more about what you hope to do with the channel.

Another thing that I have noticed is very low SEO scores and I would personally recommend using the SEO optimization tool within TubeBuddy to help boost those scores
Thank you for the constructive feedback, much appreciated. I'm still trying to learn how to get the SEO score up. I thought I had it figured out, but apparently I don't.