• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Help Who is Familiar with Live Streaming?

TCC learncanva4yt

Known Member
TubeBuddy Star
Subscriber Goal
One of the new things I want to offer my community is at least one live stream a month. I want to do this for a few reasons.
  1. Allow me to have time with my audience with Q & A about using Canva for YouTube
  2. Allow me to have a guest on speaking about efficiency tips in Canva that would help my audience become faster at using Canva for YouTube
  3. Get more comfortable speaking on the fly
  4. I have a faceless channel because it's super difficult for me to edit with my face, but having a live stream would mean little to no editing (minus possible cutting some segments out after the live stream for replay purposes).
My questions are who here live streams for a tutorial type channel where you are screen recording your screen & showing your face - preferably using Streamyard. I just picked up the 15 key Elgato Stream Deck during Prime Day deal so I'd love to connect with a "mentor" so to speak or if you have any feedback on the technical aspects of going live.

I have a Blue Yeti & some sort of Logitech Webcam - we know both work as we've tested the live stream function as unlisted. I'm also a PC person if that gives any specific feedback as well.

Thanks in Advance.

Reactions: Damon

MattCommand1

On sabbatical
TubeBuddy Pro
Trusted User
Subscriber Goal
One of the new things I want to offer my community is at least one live stream a month. I want to do this for a few reasons.
  1. Allow me to have time with my audience with Q & A about using Canva for YouTube
  2. Allow me to have a guest on speaking about efficiency tips in Canva that would help my audience become faster at using Canva for YouTube
  3. Get more comfortable speaking on the fly
  4. I have a faceless channel because it's super difficult for me to edit with my face, but having a live stream would mean little to no editing (minus possible cutting some segments out after the live stream for replay purposes).
My questions are who here live streams for a tutorial type channel where you are screen recording your screen & showing your face - preferably using Streamyard. I just picked up the 15 key Elgato Stream Deck during Prime Day deal so I'd love to connect with a "mentor" so to speak or if you have any feedback on the technical aspects of going live.

I have a Blue Yeti & some sort of Logitech Webcam - we know both work as we've tested the live stream function as unlisted. I'm also a PC person if that gives any specific feedback as well.

Thanks in Advance.

I have produced a few tutorial videos. Generally, I just have a small box video of my face & put it into a corner. That is one way to create some personal connection. There was another video where it was "audio only" but I put up a photo in the corner. The whole point is to always try to create a personal connection. You can do simultaneous recording of yourself and your screen via Camtasia. A more economical way is to simply set up a camera on yourself/face as you record your screen. You overlay that track with the screen recording track and then make cuts simultaneously. The trick is to make sure both tracks are lined up properly before you start editing.

But, for me, Camtasia (paid software) is the easiest way because it allows for simultaneous recording of you, your audio, and your screen.

I was looking at the Elgato Stream Deck also but decided that my base of viewers didn't warrant streaming at this time. Like you, I am a PC person who is using Blue Yeti and a Logitech webcam for PC-based recording.

Reactions: Damon
OP
OP
TCC learncanva4yt

TCC learncanva4yt

Known Member
TubeBuddy Star
Subscriber Goal
I have produced a few tutorial videos. Generally, I just have a small box video of my face & put it into a corner. That is one way to create some personal connection. There was another video where it was "audio only" but I put up a photo in the corner. The whole point is to always try to create a personal connection. You can do simultaneous recording of yourself and your screen via Camtasia. A more economical way is to simply set up a camera on yourself/face as you record your screen. You overlay that track with the screen recording track and then make cuts simultaneously. The trick is to make sure both tracks are lined up properly before you start editing.

But, for me, Camtasia (paid software) is the easiest way because it allows for simultaneous recording of you, your audio, and your screen.

I was looking at the Elgato Stream Deck also but decided that my base of viewers didn't warrant streaming at this time. Like you, I am a PC person who is using Blue Yeti and a Logitech webcam for PC-based recording.

Thanks so much for your input.

I am not actually having a video editing problem. I know how to edit those. I'm struggling to understand the live stream portion and logistics of that, but this afternoon I'll be having a zoom call with a woman that does live streams on the regular and also like myself knows & teaches Canva. We might even collaborate down the road which is super exciting.

I can't afford Camtasia right now. I have hardware needs that are prioritized over software costs. The stream deck was an expense we decided on, but I think it will definitely increase my efficiency once we get it set up and it was on a big time sale.

However the free version of Streamyard for live streaming seems to be pretty easy to use and I appear to be able to add in additional guests & overlays while streaming.

I definitely want to show my face in the live streams.

MattCommand1

On sabbatical
TubeBuddy Pro
Trusted User
Subscriber Goal
Thanks so much for your input.

I am not actually having a video editing problem. I know how to edit those. I'm struggling to understand the live stream portion and logistics of that, but this afternoon I'll be having a zoom call with a woman that does live streams on the regular and also like myself knows & teaches Canva. We might even collaborate down the road which is super exciting.

I can't afford Camtasia right now. I have hardware needs that are prioritized over software costs. The stream deck was an expense we decided on, but I think it will definitely increase my efficiency once we get it set up and it was on a big time sale.

However the free version of Streamyard for live streaming seems to be pretty easy to use and I appear to be able to add in additional guests & overlays while streaming.

I definitely want to show my face in the live streams.

Since I didn't have any livestreaming specific advice, my comment was addressing the underlying issue you mentioned one reason why you wanted to do livestreaming: having a "faceless" channel and getting a more personal connection through tutorial videos. It can be done through tutorial videos but it may not be your preference.

Camtasia is definitely a luxury purchase. I got my copy over a decade ago and was able to pay for a relatively inexpensive upgrade during one of their promos last year. There might be less expensive alternatives or maybe a free version somewhere.

Reactions: TCC learncanva4yt