• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Answered What is considered a "High Res Thumbnail"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lui Iacobellis

When I use the TubeBuddy add-in on YouTube, I notice that none of my thumbails are deemed "High Res" under the best practices check. I use Canva to create my thumbnails and use the standard YouTube thumbnail dimensions. What would be considered high-res?

Thanks,
Lui

GPx

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Just to point out the TubeBuddy info won't update until the video is published. So if you haven't published it yet it will not show it as being a high res thumbnail. Once it is published it will update assuming it is high res.

BraveStar

Life ain't no Nintendo Game
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
High res usually indicates an image that has about 300DPI or 300 pixel resolution. It's the best resolution for printing and also makes the thumbnails look better on YouTube. It's possible your setting on Canva may not be set to 300DPI.

Ryan H

I also noticed on my VidIQ stats that it didnt matter the quality of the Thumbnail I made it said it was a Hi res thumbnail, I just use the 300 pixels

GPx

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Just to point out the TubeBuddy info won't update until the video is published. So if you haven't published it yet it will not show it as being a high res thumbnail. Once it is published it will update assuming it is high res.

MattCommand1

On sabbatical
TubeBuddy Pro
Trusted User
Subscriber Goal
When I use the TubeBuddy add-in on YouTube, I notice that none of my thumbails are deemed "High Res" under the best practices check. I use Canva to create my thumbnails and use the standard YouTube thumbnail dimensions. What would be considered high-res?

Thanks,
Lui

I use Canva for most of my thumbnails. They qualify as high res. When you go into Canva, click the "Click to Create" button on the upper right-hand corner. It will automatically set up a 1280 x 720 pixel workspace for your thumbnail design. Easy-peasy. When you download it, you can download it to JPG or PNG formats. Both work as thumbnail files but JPGs are a little smaller in size.

Nody | Team TB

Administrator
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
Thank you guys for answering!

Thanks,
Lui

Has your question been answered? Do let me know so we can close this question and mark it as solved :)

Status
Not open for further replies.