• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Thumbnail Feedback Thoughts on my new thumbnail

GPx

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
What do you think of my new thumbnail?

I've redesigned my branding so the thumbnail now has a new template theme. As for this particular one what do you think of it?

ARK_100Days_thumbnail.png

ItsTonyBaby

Well I guess IΓÇÖll give you my opinion. If I may speak frankly, what am I looking at? Something about an island (character doesnΓÇÖt appear to be on an island) thereΓÇÖs some random references to some numbers, days, and something about ΓÇ£to survive and tame everythingΓÇ¥.

I have no idea what this video is about. IΓÇÖll make the assumption itΓÇÖs a gaming platform of some type, and that anybody who knows this particular game your referring to knows what your talking about.

I think your missing a lot. Even though IΓÇÖm not a gamer, assuming your targeting fellow gamers, your missing out on a lot of gamers that may not play this particular game, but might be interested in playing your game if they saw your video, and be a new subscriber.

the image looks great, but their needs to be something that references whatever it isthe video is about. Is it about a specific video game? That should be in the title. Is there some survival challenge? Ask a question in the thumbnail (ΓÇ£can you survive 100 days??). Your ColorΓÇÖs looks good, the image is intriguing, I think you just need to add more information and Catchy ness into the image.

hope this helps!
{ps: anyone reading this, please feel free to critique my thumbnails…. I’m no expert at this either and could use all the advice I can get!)

OP
OP
GPx

GPx

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Well I guess IΓÇÖll give you my opinion. If I may speak frankly, what am I looking at? Something about an island (character doesnΓÇÖt appear to be on an island) thereΓÇÖs some random references to some numbers, days, and something about ΓÇ£to survive and tame everythingΓÇ¥.

I have no idea what this video is about. IΓÇÖll make the assumption itΓÇÖs a gaming platform of some type, and that anybody who knows this particular game your referring to knows what your talking about.

I think your missing a lot. Even though IΓÇÖm not a gamer, assuming your targeting fellow gamers, your missing out on a lot of gamers that may not play this particular game, but might be interested in playing your game if they saw your video, and be a new subscriber.

the image looks great, but their needs to be something that references whatever it isthe video is about. Is it about a specific video game? That should be in the title. Is there some survival challenge? Ask a question in the thumbnail (ΓÇ£can you survive 100 days??). Your ColorΓÇÖs looks good, the image is intriguing, I think you just need to add more information and Catchy ness into the image.

hope this helps!
{ps: anyone reading this, please feel free to critique my thumbnails…. I’m no expert at this either and could use all the advice I can get!)
Thanks for the feedback.

My audience are ARK fans. That's my focus. So ARK fans are going to recognise straight away that it's ARK.

Last edited:

Combat Chicken

Less is more, as weird as it may sound. Just have a look at your recommended and take a look at the thumbnails. Would you click on it? Why would you, why wouldn't you? Write that down and use that as a guide for the future.

Wilson IS

Familiar Member
Subscriber Goal
Acho que o quadro da miniatura ficou muito legal com o GP lá em cima no canto esquerdo. Suponho que seja o padrão para todos.
Para mim as letras são muito boas com cores que se destacam e contrastam com o personagem em roxo.
Achei legal o fundo desfocado porque dá mais destaque ao personagem.
Minha pergunta é: você precisa ter tanta informação?
Não conheço o jogo mas sei que Hardcore é o modo mais difícil.
Eu tentaria reduzir algumas informações por exemplo os 100 dias porque não 200? Afinal, você está colocando um limite, mas e se o público gostar? como você vai fazer mais vídeos se você já tem um limite de 100? E se você domar tudo antes de 100 dias? por que parte 1?