• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Need Advice [GAMING CHANNEL] Get more people on my channel. Shorts? New Content? SEO class?

BryTheBroGaming

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
My name is Bry and I've been trying to grow my channel for almost 5 years now and with every video I've posted, I cant find a fine line to follow to drive more people to my channel. Ive tried IRL content, let's plays, funny moments, tutorials.. and nothing is getting over 500 views and my subs have been under 600 for as long as I could remember. I really want to go down the road of lets playing but cant seem to bring people in. I've tried countless SEO courses, books, web seminars, and probably watched every "HOW TO GROW A GAMING AND/OR YOUTUBE CHANNEL" video out there and implemented them but still nothing. I have no other ideas so maybe someone here can look over my content and videos and see what could be improved and tips on more views and subscribers, I'd really appreciate it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Damon

Trusted User
Trusted User
www.blackwarriorlures.com
Subscriber Goal
25 videos is nowhere near enough content to make a channel grow. You need at least 100 videos just to get your foot in the door with a goal of producing over 1,000 videos.

There is an exception to that. Take the time, learn film making, and produce very high quality videos like what you see on TV or in the movies. That kind of content cannot be produced quickly. See, there is no hack. It isn't about YouTube either.

Gaming is probably the most over saturated "niche" ever. No offense, but the early successes on gaming channels in the early days of YouTube have given people this idea that all they have to do sit , play games, throw in some SEO, and that should lead to fame, glory and riches.

I say go outside, and learn to do something else like repair lawnmower engines or something. You'd build a channel way faster that way than concentrating on a gaming channel.

Last edited:

Bangpul

hello, I also have a gaming channel. I think doing live streaming is the best choice to grow your channel. because we can directly interact with the audience. just follow the latest games that are being played by streamers on youtube. I got more than 100 subscribers in 1 month because of playing stumble guys

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Xavier De Buck

GPx

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Although gaming channels are, as others have said, the most over-saturated genre on Youtube, I must say that variety gaming is the hardest type of gaming channel to grow.

With variety of games you may get some people watch one particular video because they love that game, but if they look at your channel and see that out of all your videos you've only done 1 or 2 of that game they might not subscribe. Unless the content is really really high quality I personally don't see the point in subscribing myself.

However, if you stick to one or two games, or at the most one genre of game you will find it will become a little easier to build the channel because people that like the game have a higher chance of subscribing when they see you do regular content for that game. Of course it still need to be of good quality.

I tried variety gaming once but it flopped, and since I stuck with one game things have been really good.

mrdumb2023

www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
Hello, I just started a gaming channel as well. I am a very newbie in this field.

Yes, there are oversaturated amount of gaming videos and channels on youtube. I found It so difficult to promote by just uploading gameplays. I am not good at talking smoothly so I hope editing videos could help.

If you have friends in real life who could help promoting your channels. It really helps to a certain extent though your friends have to be enjoying gaming as well. Otherwise, they will just subscribe to your channel without futher watching those videos.

Xavier De Buck

Subscriber Goal
hello, I also have a gaming channel. I think doing live streaming is the best choice to grow your channel. because we can directly interact with the audience. just follow the latest games that are being played by streamers on youtube. I got more than 100 subscribers in 1 month because of playing stumble guys
Just thinking outloud - if you enjoy doing LIVE STREAM sessions playing games, which I ASSUME requires little-to-any editing, you should be able to produce a BUNCH of those per day, no?

Why not do that 5-10 times per day for 30 days straight and get yourself 150-300 pieces of content in a SINGLE MONTH, which you all optimise with tags, keywords, descriptions, titles, thumbnail etc?!

Or, am I missing something?

• Love
Reactions: MediaMan