• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Answered Why Does TubeBuddy Need Administrator-level Permissions for free version?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Thinker's Bible

Subscriber Goal
Hello,

When logging into TubeBuddy on the free version I noticed Google alerting me that TubeBuddy needs admin-level permissions to change content on my channel.

Why is this needed for the free version?

Thanks,
Robert

Nody | Team TB

Administrator
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
Hello,

When logging into TubeBuddy on the free version I noticed Google alerting me that TubeBuddy needs admin-level permissions to change content on my channel.

Thanks,
Robert

Heya!! I believe you mean, why TubeBuddy require permission to edit your videos/delete it/or any other major permission when it comes to your channel? Yes, that's right, TubeBuddy works on YouTube API and in order for TubeBuddy to perform its task, whether it be deleting a video or doing a bulk edit or bulk processing or doing any changes as per your direction or request, it will need that permission and authorisation. TubeBuddy, will never delete your videos or do any major changes to either of your videos or your overall channel unless and until you asked or you wish to do it.

Here's the detailed video which shows and explains, why TubeBuddy needs all those permissions.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sHnr0OZYABo

Reactions: The Thinker's Bible

Nody | Team TB

Administrator
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
Hello,

Thanks,
Robert

Heya!! I believe you mean, why TubeBuddy require permission to edit your videos/delete it/or any other major permission when it comes to your channel? Yes, that's right, TubeBuddy works on YouTube API and in order for TubeBuddy to perform its task, whether it be deleting a video or doing a bulk edit or bulk processing or doing any changes as per your direction or request, it will need that permission and authorisation. TubeBuddy, will never delete your videos or do any major changes to either of your videos or your overall channel unless and until you asked or you wish to do it.

Here's the detailed video which shows and explains, why TubeBuddy needs all those permissions.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sHnr0OZYABo

Reactions: The Thinker's Bible
Status
Not open for further replies.