• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Question Did Youtube change the End Screen length option?

Avocado

TubeBuddy User
www.spreadtheavocado.com
Subscriber Goal
Hey everybodyyyy!

Did Youtube change the End Screen length option? My end screens were usually 25 seconds to account for the "dip to black" effect. Now they limit it to no longer than 20 seconds. I haven't made a video in awhile, so I am curious if anyone has noticed this change or am I cWaZy!

MattCommand1

On sabbatical
TubeBuddy Pro
Trusted User
Subscriber Goal
Hey everybodyyyy!

Did Youtube change the End Screen length option? My end screens were usually 25 seconds to account for the "dip to black" effect. Now they limit it to no longer than 20 seconds. I haven't made a video in awhile, so I am curious if anyone has noticed this change or am I cWaZy!

As far as I know, it has always been 20-seconds for end screens the last couple years.

OP
OP
Avocado

Avocado

TubeBuddy User
www.spreadtheavocado.com
Subscriber Goal
i'm not sure i didnt notice anything
did you check the youtube studio editor section of your video?

Yeah, that is where I had the problem.

As far as I know, it has always been 20-seconds for end screens the last couple years.

I used to be able to fade in and it would last 22 seconds, with that 2 second fade in. hmmmmmmmm

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
I was under the impression it has always been 20 seconds... though I would advise using only 10 of that. Helps with overall retention (most people do not sit through an entire 20 second outro).

Reactions: MattCommand1