• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Help Wow seriously..Seeing numbers like this aggravates me

Jeff Goober

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I usually upload once every other week and get views not a ton but at least 50 and after awhile itΓÇÖs gets in the 100s or if IΓÇÖm lucky it will boost up and hit a 1,000. but I
recently made a few videos and decided to upload every 48 hours.. not sure what’s going on… like I’ll search for my video and I’ll se a video below mine and over mine with few thousand views and mine has 3 in between those videos… I don’t get it sometimes
EFC18EF5-8583-4EDB-9ED5-F3B16AA02872.jpeg

Damon

Trusted User
Trusted User
www.blackwarriorlures.com
Subscriber Goal
How long have those other videos been uploaded? 10 hours is not enough time to know how a video will perform. You have to look at the whole year. Sometimes it takes two or three year to really know how a videos is performing. And why are you comparing your videos to other's anyway?

As has been mentioned before, your beard videos far out perform everything else. Why are you making Apple lighting USB and Xbox videos yet wondering why views are dropping off?

OP
OP
Jeff Goober

Jeff Goober

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
How long have those other videos been uploaded. 10 hours is not enough time to know how a video will perform. You have to look at the whole year. And why are you comparing you videos to other's anyway?
They are pretty new..only a week in...not trying to really compare I just feel like when I see my video in the middle between 2 videos that have a bunch of views on the first page I feel like it's not real lol how do you search for your own video without your data on or whatever..incognito mode or something? one time I was at best buy and searched for a video of mine that is usually on the first page when I'm on my computer at home but at the store, I couldn't find my video at all lol

MattCommand1

On sabbatical
TubeBuddy Pro
Trusted User
Subscriber Goal
I usually upload once every other week and get views not a ton but at least 50 and after awhile itΓÇÖs gets in the 100s or if IΓÇÖm lucky it will boost up and hit a 1,000. but I
recently made a few videos and decided to upload every 48 hours.. not sure what’s going on… like I’ll search for my video and I’ll se a video below mine and over mine with few thousand views and mine has 3 in between those videos… I don’t get it sometimes

@Damon is right. You need to give more time. Most of my best-performing videos took weeks to kick in. You hear stories from other creators that say that there is sometimes a long lag time. It also depends on how much competition you have with very well searched phrases if your video will pop up. I have done both. I have intentionally tackled broader popular phrases and I have gone after niched phrases.

But regardless of what you go after, you have to have your thumbnail stand out from the pack. You may not be getting as many views as you could be based on your channel's overall appearance. Banner, channel art, thumbnails, titles, content, search phrases, etc. all have a part in the overall result.

Browsing your channel and the topics, it seems you are still exploring. You should follow up on some of your best-performing videos and see what happens.

OP
OP
Jeff Goober

Jeff Goober

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
@Damon is right. You need to give more time. Most of my best-performing videos took weeks to kick in. You hear stories from other creators that say that there is sometimes a long lag time. It also depends on how much competition you have with very well searched phrases if your video will pop up. I have done both. I have intentionally tackled broader popular phrases and I have gone after niched phrases.

But regardless of what you go after, you have to have your thumbnail stand out from the pack. You may not be getting as many views as you could be based on your channel's overall appearance. Banner, channel art, thumbnails, titles, content, search phrases, etc. all have a part in the overall result.

Browsing your channel and the topics, it seems you are still exploring. You should follow up on some of your best-performing videos and see what happens.
thanks for the tips....Hahahaah yeah I have to update my channel art and profile picture.. It seems like whenever I do beard videos they get views...So I will have to make my channel more beard content and go from there.

Reactions: Damon

MattCommand1

On sabbatical
TubeBuddy Pro
Trusted User
Subscriber Goal
thanks for the tips....Hahahaah yeah I have to update my channel art and profile picture.. It seems like whenever I do beard videos they get views...So I will have to make my channel more beard content and go from there.

Hi Jeff,

It's obvious that you are more than just a "beard guy" and have other interests. You can start selectively working those in than just beard videos if you want. I don't know you but most people have a couple of interests they work in. After all, your channel is called "Jeff Goober", not "The Beard channel". That is one nice thing about using your name as a channel. It allows for more flexibility to mix it up.

Reactions: Damon