• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Question Does Reddit promotion worth it for youtube in 2022

StoryRecap

Hello,

I am trying to join Youtube promotion subreddits if it will help my channel grow.

Does posting on subreddit still worth it?

Avocado

TubeBuddy User
www.spreadtheavocado.com
Subscriber Goal
It may bring in a little bit of views, but not many. I just posted my latest video on Reddit and the numbers were low, I got more from twitter and facebook.

The Kitchen Gamer

Making Food from everyday and from Video Games
TubeBuddy Pro
Trusted User
Subscriber Goal
Hello,

I am trying to join Youtube promotion subreddits if it will help my channel grow.

Does posting on subreddit still worth it?
Reddit is worth it but you just have to make sure that your on the correct subreddit and then it could benefit you but just make sure that you do your research on those one before you post.

MattCommand1

On sabbatical
TubeBuddy Pro
Trusted User
Subscriber Goal
Don't shoot the messenger here but here is a perspective from someone very credible and reputable.

Derral Eves and many of his cohorts don't believe in doing promotions to get views. They work hard at earning "browse" traffic. "Youtube search" traffic is good for bringing in new viewers but ultimately the goal is to convert your viewers into loyal subscribers but also where YT recommends your videos.

In other words, if a viewer isn''t already in the YT ecosystem, he doesn't want the casual view.

Derral is such a strong believer that he keeps his channel names a secret. He doesn't want any looky-loo views messing up the algorithm.

I understand that the premise of the reddit promo is to put the video in front of like-minded folks who may be interested.

However, I do think it is one thing if you share it vs. someone who loves your videos share it.

I am not going to say I would never share a video but it would have to be a specific reason otherwise, I am going to "make" people come through Google or YouTube to find me. I have generally been happy focusing on viewers within the YT ecosystem, searches, and YT algorithm.

I feel I have been rewarded so far by NOT sharing or promoting my channel and videos indiscriminately.

Reactions: KS Moto Cafe

jeraman

Yes, this is very relevant now. The main goal of Reddit.com is to create subreddits, that is, categories with their target orientation, where people from all over the world can share their content and comments. Also of interest is the created system of upvotes and downvotes, in other words, likes and dislikes of publications. Due to these responses, the user creates his rating ΓÇô karma. Karma is an indicator of the activity level of the lender and is compiled based on posts, publications, comments, and ratings to other users. Thus, you can advertise even Only Fans and anything at all.

Last edited:

KS Moto Cafe

Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
linktr.ee
Subscriber Goal
Derral Eves and many of his cohorts don't believe in doing promotions to get views. They work hard at earning "browse" traffic. "Youtube search" traffic is good for bringing in new viewers but ultimately the goal is to convert your viewers into loyal subscribers but also where YT recommends your videos.

I second this. In my first year of content creating, I did a lot of social media (including Reddit) posts to promote my videos and yes it brought some new viewers and subs but overall, it really stunted the growth of my channel because majority of the social media clicks such as FB, Insta, and Reddit usually ends with 3-5 seconds of watch. These short attention span viewers ended up killing some of my videos because of the super low audience retention and therefore YT stopped pushing the content to other viewers on the "browse" page. After I stopped posting my videos to the social media sites, my YT videos gradually started to pick up steam because of the improved retention and CTR. Also if you post your video in the wrong subreddit, you will see a ton of negative responses just because you are self promoting.

• Love
Reactions: MattCommand1

MattCommand1

On sabbatical
TubeBuddy Pro
Trusted User
Subscriber Goal
Yes, this is very relevant now. The main goal of Reddit.com is to create subreddits, that is, categories with their target orientation, where people from all over the world can share their content and comments. Also of interest is the created system of upvotes and downvotes, in other words, likes and dislikes of publications. Due to these responses, the user creates his rating ΓÇô karma. Karma is an indicator of the activity level of the lender and is compiled based on posts, publications, comments, and ratings to other users. Thus, you can advertise even Only Fans and anything at all.

I am not convinced this is a relevant strategy but I supposed it might work for someone. I've been through the entire Vidsummit library and probably hundreds of videos by reputable YT educators. I can't remember anyone ever saying "go on reddit and start sharing your videos on Reddit" as a winning strategy.

But you can try it and let us know how that works out. Nothing like testing your own theories.