• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Answered Wary of completing the installation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Strongdad

When I read the words: "This will allow TubeBuddy to: "See, edit, and permanently delete your YouTube videos, ratings, comments and captions" upon installation this concerns me greatly.

What assurance do I have that this is not a big deal?

Attachments

• 01wut.jpg
    01wut.jpg
    13.5 KB · Views: 75

Nody | Team TB

Administrator
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
When I read the words: "This will allow TubeBuddy to: "See, edit, and permanently delete your YouTube videos, ratings, comments and captions" upon installation this concerns me greatly.

Heya!! First of all, Welcome, it's great to have you on board with us :)

And yes, this question, as always creates a bit of hesitation but you can rest assured about it, TubeBuddy works on YouTube API and it requires the same permission from you when it comes to editing your videos, deleting those videos, doing bulk processing and whatnot. In no way TubeBuddy will delete your videos without your concern or your approval, it simply needs your permission to work in end, it's just an extension which requires YouTube API as a base for its function.

You can find a more detailed explanation as to why we need that permission or why TubeBuddy ask for that permission in below video: -

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sHnr0OZYABo

Nody | Team TB

Administrator
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal

Heya!! First of all, Welcome, it's great to have you on board with us :)

And yes, this question, as always creates a bit of hesitation but you can rest assured about it, TubeBuddy works on YouTube API and it requires the same permission from you when it comes to editing your videos, deleting those videos, doing bulk processing and whatnot. In no way TubeBuddy will delete your videos without your concern or your approval, it simply needs your permission to work in end, it's just an extension which requires YouTube API as a base for its function.

You can find a more detailed explanation as to why we need that permission or why TubeBuddy ask for that permission in below video: -

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sHnr0OZYABo

Status
Not open for further replies.