• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Answered Keyword Optimized Videos Not Getting Views

Status
Not open for further replies.

instantupgrade

Hey! So this month, I have made close to 30 videos targeting long tail keywords that have a weighted rank of excellent from TubeBuddy, but none of them are getting any views- the best one has 40 views. My question is, is this normal? Does it typically take a few weeks to see results from this strategy? I am trying to create really good thumbnails with Canva and strong titles. I am willing to keep trying, but it gets discouraging creating all this content and Youtube isn't showing it at all. Thanks for any insights or words of encouragement.

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
Hey! So this month, I have made close to 30 videos targeting long tail keywords that have a weighted rank of excellent from TubeBuddy, but none of them are getting any views- the best one has 40 views. My question is, is this normal? Does it typically take a few weeks to see results from this strategy? I am trying to create really good thumbnails with Canva and strong titles. I am willing to keep trying, but it gets discouraging creating all this content and Youtube isn't showing it at all. Thanks for any insights or words of encouragement.

For starters this is pretty standard... but also not enough time has passed to determine the actual trajectory of these videos. YouTube will be testing them against different audiences/demographics/viewing habits for weeks. While some of these videos are now nearing the 30 day point they do still have new discovery cycles coming at the 90 day and 120 day mark. For the rest they are just coming into the first 30 day cycle.

For videos within their first 30 days yes, these are typical results. But the real value in this whole process isn't the video performance in the first 30 days; that's what virality, subscribers, browse, home and external traffic are for. When a video is no longer 'New' and the impressions for these initial traffic feeds begin to wain that is where the value of being optimized for search really comes into play. When optimized well and for the right keyword phrases and when you rank for these terms then they will continue to pull views for years to come. When this is scaled over hundreds of videos for the entire course of your library you build a foundation of consistent, evergreen traffic.

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal

For starters this is pretty standard... but also not enough time has passed to determine the actual trajectory of these videos. YouTube will be testing them against different audiences/demographics/viewing habits for weeks. While some of these videos are now nearing the 30 day point they do still have new discovery cycles coming at the 90 day and 120 day mark. For the rest they are just coming into the first 30 day cycle.

For videos within their first 30 days yes, these are typical results. But the real value in this whole process isn't the video performance in the first 30 days; that's what virality, subscribers, browse, home and external traffic are for. When a video is no longer 'New' and the impressions for these initial traffic feeds begin to wain that is where the value of being optimized for search really comes into play. When optimized well and for the right keyword phrases and when you rank for these terms then they will continue to pull views for years to come. When this is scaled over hundreds of videos for the entire course of your library you build a foundation of consistent, evergreen traffic.

MattCommand1

On sabbatical
TubeBuddy Pro
Trusted User
Subscriber Goal

30-days is definitely not enough time to see any type of meaningful patterns. It has been said repeatedly that YT is a marathon, not a sprint.

You probably need to give it a good 6-months. YT is not the place for instant gratification. Some people might get some lucky breaks along the way but I think you will need to invest several months into this.

Another thing I find unusual is how are you able to make and publish 30 long-form videos in 30-days? I sampled a couple of your videos. The voice and audio effect are great but are accompanied by a bunch of vanilla stock videos. If you are using a long series of stock videos (not original content) as your video content, then it's possible you are not using your videos to full effect.

OP
OP
I

instantupgrade

30-days is definitely not enough time to see any type of meaningful patterns. It has been said repeatedly that YT is a marathon, not a sprint.

You probably need to give it a good 6-months. YT is not the place for instant gratification. Some people might get some lucky breaks along the way but I think you will need to invest several months into this.

Another thing I find unusual is how are you able to make and publish 30 long-form videos in 30-days? I sampled a couple of your videos. The voice and audio effect are great but are accompanied by a bunch of vanilla stock videos. If you are using a long series of stock videos (not original content) as your video content, then it's possible you are not using your videos to full effect.
Thanks for the insights and checking out the videos. I am using WeVideo.com - is there a better way to get stock videos that are higher quality?

sachindudi123

I checked up your channel and got few suggestions,
I noticed that your old videos are getting pretty good views and too you should upload videos at equal intervals so that YouTube gets time to boost up your videos don't give up and don't do things like sub for sub or getting subs from your relatives I am sure you will get success another reason might be competition so carefully pick your niche and give time to videos ,
thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.